𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

A/N Just saw this book was #10 in gxg so i decided to post another chapter today :)

Summer's POV

I was at my literature class not paying attention drawing turtles on my notebook when I heard someone calling for me.

"Pst Summer!" It was Tyler—I sent him a 'what' look. "Have you seen Riley?" He whispered.

"No. Have you?"

"What do you mean if I have? I just asked you if you have."

I shrugged and turned back.

He threw a paper ball at me and I flipped him off from under the table.

When the class finished Ty and I found Riley in the football camp watching people play—she looked odd. "Hey Riles, where have you been?" Tyler asked her as we sat down in the grass besides her.

She just shrugged—her eyes seemed sad and were missing their usual playful glint.

"Riley what's wrong?" I asked in a soft and concerned voice—I looked at Tyler as if by doing it I would get all of the answers but he seemed as lost as I was.

"Nothing, I just don't feel good, don't worry guys." She gave us a fake smile.

I know what she said wasn't the truth, but I also knew that pushing Riley wasn't a good idea and would make it worse— so when I saw Tyler about to ask her again I shook my head—indicating him to not to do it, he relented and didn't say a word.

"Don't you want to go home then Ri?" I asked.

She shook her head, "No, it'll pass don't worry."

I saw the time on my phone, "Shit."

"What's wrong?" Tyler asked me and Riley looked at me questionably.

"I have to go find Skylar to apologize for missing our session on Saturday." I felt awful when I saw her this morning and I remembered that I missed our study session. I needed to make it right so I was going to go and find her.

Riley visibly tensed and her face held a... hurt look? I might be wrong because it went as soon as it came, "I'll go with you."

"Uh sure, Ty you coming?"

He stood up, "Yeah why not."

We made our way to the gym where the cheerleaders practice and there she was—as I made my way towards Skylar I bumped into someone— causing them to fall to the floor.

"Oh my god I'm sorry are you okay?!" It was a brunette cheerleader—I extended my hand so she could grab it and I could help her up, which she accepted.

When I got a better look of her face I recognized who it was. "I'm fine, thank you," Blake said and left- winking at Tyler while doing so.

Blake Radford, a popular cheerleader that was known for... well 'sleeping around' to not say the derogatory term people here like to call her, which is unfair. I don't know her very well but I can say she's a sweet and nice girl—she just tends to fall for the wrong people.

I shook my head and continued my way to Skylar with Tyler and Riley following. She was talking to Paris and Chelsea and some other girls until Chelsea pointed behind her to me, she turned around with a bored look.

"What?"

The other girls left except for Chelsea and Paris who stayed behind Skylar while looking at the floor.

I felt all my confidence leave me.

Great.

"Skylar, I— uh... I wanted to apologize to you for missing on Saturday, I'm not going to excuse myself because I know you don't really want to hear it so... sorry."