𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

Summer's POV

It's been a couple of weeks since the party and since I met Brooklyn. We've been talking and texting a lot—she's really sweet and funny.

Last tuesday she asked me out on a date on friday night —whic was tomorrow. But currently I was on my lab biology class.

"Okay guys, you are going to work with your partner on a project about what we saw today in class. It will be delivered at the end of the semester and it will be worth half of your note."

Great that means Skylar and I have to acknowledge each other. We haven't talked since I spilled my drink on her at the party, when we were on class each of us did their own thing even if we were supposed to work together, but it seems that won't do this time.

Finally the bell rang.

"You can go, see you all next Thursday."

I hurried to catch up with Skylar, "Hey, hey wait!"

She turned to me and raised a brow expectantly. "What?"

"How are we going to do this? I mean we kind of have to work together."

"We don't," she turned around to walk away.

"Hey! We do, unlike you I can't fail this class, I really can't... look, I know you don't like me but please Skylar."

"Saturdays 4:00pm at the library."

With that she walked away without sparing me another glance. That went well, better than I thought it would, I guess.

The rest of the day passed quickly and it was now time to go home. I waited for Riley and Tyler at the parking lot when I heard my phone. It was a text from Brooke.

Brooke

Hey you still here?

Yeah I'm at the parking lot waiting for Riley and Ty

Want me to take you home?

Sure just let me tell them
I'll go with you

Righ, meet me by the lot exit
when you're ready 😉

With a smile on my face I told Riley I'll catch a ride with Brook. She replied saying it was fine — but not before teasing me about it that's it.

I walked to the exit and there she was in her car waiting for me, I walked to it and got in.

"Couldn't wait till tomorrow to see me could you?" I teased.

"No, I never can wait to see you," she told me with a grin and started the car.

"How was your day?" She asked me.

"It was fine, where were you today? I didn't see you?"

"Missed me?" She chuckled and I rolled my eyes playfully

"I was helping Spencer prepare for her soccer game tonight."

"That's nice of you. So are you going to tell me where are we going tomorrow?" I've been asking her all week where we are going on friday but she refused to tell me, saying it was a surprise. I mean— I get that, but I need to be prepared and know what to wear.

I don't like surprises they make me anxious.

She stopped at a red light and turned to me. "Nope, it's a surprise."