Chapter Twenty Two-Admirable Honesty

Gif of: Zoe

Teresa sits alone at the one free table in the coffee shop. There are many things like this, at WICKED. Things to make the workers feel as though they have a normal life. There is even an college for the workers to go through, giving them the chance to make friends and create bonds but instead of taking tests and classes they work with some of the main leaders, giving them thoughts and feelings that the average teen feels.

Teresa sighs, drumming her short nails on the table, chewing her lip anxiously. In front of her, the toffee latte stays untouched. Really it was just an excuse to get away from everything for a little while. Teresa's eyes shift to the clock on the wall. An hour left. 

She grabs the small brown leather bag by her pine wood seat and pulls out her laptop, firing it up. It takes a while to load, considering the fact there are many users all using the network at the same time. However, when it finally loads her fingers move towards the keyboard, selecting her email tool.

This is what keeps her happy, reading her emails from her family, when they were all together. Funny little pictures, messages and conversations, but most of all the special ones her father made.

The ones 'for a bad day' or 'when you fall in love'. That email was yet to be looked at. There is a whole long list of them too, each email for a different occasion, there are still many to be read. Teresa clicks on the one labelled 'when you feel like you have no purpose'. She read, sipping the warm drink in her hands.

On those days that you feel like you've fell down and can't get back up, remember that you were born for a reason. You have a purpose in this world, maybe it's yet to be figured out, or maybe you just don't appreciate the reason you were born. Just remember that the weakest are the ones who give up, and I don't remember my little girl being like that.

It's not much, but it instantly puts Teresa in a better mood, a small smile growing on her face. Suddenly, the hours of hard work, the pain of swollen fingers from tapping all day...suddenly became tolerable.

Third Person At The Glade:

"Wakey, wakey...Get your asses up and outta bed!" Minho yells, kicking Ben lightly in the back. "We got work today, ain't no time for slacking off."

Ben lets out a light groan, shoving his head under the grotty pillow. 

Minho sighs, tapping his foot impatiently. "In other words, get your lazy butt outta bed before I whoop it."

Ben rolls out of bed lazily, collapsing on the floor in a heap. 

"Thank you. Now meet at the map room, I have a new assignment for everyone." He explains, before turning on his heel and storming away.

It isn't long before the others begin to pile into Frypans Kitchen, all in little huddles. Minho gets a roll of bread and butter and sits at his own table, waiting for his friends to turn up.

Soon enough, they are all there...well, apart from Zoe and Veronica. They sit at a table with Claudie, laughing every now and then, however...Zoe's laughs are too high pitched to be real and Veronica's line of vision keeps slanting towards the other table.

When is this going to end? She thinks to herself, shaking her head.

Minho averts his gaze to Sophie who sits inbetween Gally and Newt, saying stupid things that might be amusing but to Minho and the others...are extremely annoying. Newt sits emotionlessly, rolling his eyes every now and then at one of Sophie's comments about how 'Dark...Cold...Damp...' The Slammer was.