Things You Don't Know About This Book + HELLA IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE

Hello Hello good ole' readers. I've been in a bit of a pickle recently!

Well, firstly I need to apologise for not updating and trust me I have a good excuse!

I'm writing on the laggiest computer that exists because something happened to my old one and I've moved house so I've been a bit preoccupied. Well, more than a bit.

It's a long story and I don't want to bore you all to death! I was just going to say you can expect the next chapter up by the end of this week but I'm in a bit of a mess.

Basically I changed my gmail password because I was forgetting it and well, lets just say my 'amazing' plan didn't work and now I can't login. The problem?

ALL my files are on there. Including the plan for this story from start to almost end, the basic outline of the future books in this series, a Newtmas fanfiction I'm writing that I am really enjoying and has a complex plot and character outline in a document and etc.

So yeah, totally not freaking out aha. My dad might be able to work it out so all is not lost and even if it is...I can remember the plot pretty well anyway.

@_Nutelligence_ did something hella rad where she put 'Things You Don't Know About This Story' or something along those lines.

Some of these are shocking and probably a little bit weird but hey ho! Let it begin

_____

1) This was originally going to be a Newtmas fanfic

Yup, you heard me right. Well, read it right. I had the idea that if Thomas had been sent up a while earlier-maybe before Newt got his limp-then maybe he would have had a more positive impact on Newts life. I think Thomas would have more or less turned into his leaning post, so that if Newt needed someone to lean to or lean on (I'm aware that is a popular vine song right now aha) then Thomas would be there for him.

I think Thomas would fall first, like the total dork that he is. He'd be head over heels for Newt but wouldn't want to say anything to make the boy feel isolated or pressured into returning the feelings but as the book goes on Newt ends up becoming reliant on Thomas for an escape and yeah. Newt ends up loving him.

To be honest that never got written, even though I am currently writing two Newtmas fanfictions.

2) The Glade and The Zone were never going to collide

This changed due to the many requests off you guys and also because Veronica and Kelly fit into the plot. I thought that being a second in command, Kelly wouldn't have let Zoe do anything rash by herself if she didn't trust it.

Which is what happened. If you can still remember Kelly acted pretty angrily and 'Zoe heard a smash, signifying Kelly hadn't taken it too well' or something along those lines. Kelly agreed it was best for them to meet these 'supposed' Gladers and that's when it collided but in the original plot Veronica was going to be the one to talk her into it.

Mainly through a girl to girl conversation not only about her mental health but about the fact that maybe going to The Glade would be what's best for Zoe.

I trashed that idea when I started thinking about what you guys wanted and also the compatibility of some of the Zoners and Gladers.

3) Jonas was going to join a love triangle with Zoe including Newt.

Well that didn't work out. I edited the plot and Jonas kind of hit a rock bottom straight into the 'avoid zone' for Zoe.

Jonas has recently gone missing but you can trust me that it won't be the last you'll hear about Jonas...tee hee.

4) Jonas was going to be around thirty and never enter The Glade

He was going to be Fiona's love interest but due to her personality and demanding job I wasn't exactly sure if that'd be written right and if you'd all find it a little bit iffy. He was going to be widowed to Newt's mother-also making him Newts father.

His face claim was obviously going to be different because of this. Feel free to comment who you think his face claim was going to be.

5) Claudie was never planned

I threw him into the mix when Zoe returned to The Zone because I thought she may end up needing a brotherly figure that she wasn't actually related to (as Woodley and Lila were planned around that time) and whilst she and Newt had an sort of 'argument/ignoring thing' going on I thought that maybe Claudie would be someone for her to go to so we didn't end up with a full chapter or two of self pity and also because I wanted to throw in a bit of a rival for Newt.

Which you'll find out about in one of the future books or possibly even later on in this one!

However I'm not going to be annoying and keep all the secrets so I'll let this one slip. As you've probably noticed since Claudie turned up Zoe has ended up being pretty close to him and has started spending a lot of time with him.

It was only a chapter or two ago that she almost kissed him, even though she was dating Newt. It shows that some sort of tension or atmosphere had been building up (yannow what I mean hehe). I think Claudie and Newt in one of the future books may end up arguing because Zoe can sometimes be a bit inconsiderate of how Newt is feeling and I think that if she ends up spending even more of her time with Claudie when she's supposed to be dating Newt we might have a bit of a rivalry or possibly a huge heated argument between the two.

6) When this story first started, Minho was planned to be Zoe's brother.

Yeah, weird right? Zoe was going to be siblings with Minho. Then I changed my mind because I had this image of Zoe with pale skin, greenish blue eyes and freckles with that birthmark on her neck.

So yeah! Tell me what you think in the comments guys!

Over and out,

secretninjas