Chapter Fourteen-Stargazing

Sorry! I know this is really late but my computer needed restarting as it had gotten a virus. Poor computer. Thank you for nearly 10k! I remember being excited because I had gotten ten views, let alone nearly ten thousand!

Anyways, on with the story!

Frypans kitchen is buzzing with people, all eager to get their breakfasts. I won't be here soon. I'll be back at The Zone, with the familiar scent of cut grass and sweat.

If you hadn't already noticed I'm trying to cheer myself up and maybe even try to look forward to it. Yeah, I'll see Kelly and Victoria again.

What if they ask about Georgia?

My stomach lurches and I am suddenly put off Frypans greasy omelets. Instead, I take a slice of bread and some water.

I spot Ben, gazing outside with a solemn look on his face.

"Seat taken?" I ask calmly.

He looks up, surprised but nods.

"Tough time?" He asks quietly.

"Need to get away for a little while. That is unless they spot me." I sigh.

"I get how you feel." Ben nods, picking at his meal.

No you really don't. You don't know how it feels to be sent back, to be told that if you don't return then your friends will be killed.

Every single person you actually care about. Poof! Gone.

I take a swig of my drink and Ben offers me some murky looking drink.

"Want some? It numbs your feelings usually." He smiles weakly.

"No thanks, last time I drank that it finished with me throwing up and saying things that I didn't want people to know." I grumble, wrinkling up my nose.

He takes a long glug and puts the lid back on.

"Suit yourself." He shakes his head.

He didn't seem like that sort of boy. Well, I guess he is.

"You know what? I'll have some of that drink." I mutter.

He hands it to me and I take a short swig, just enough to soothe the ache in my chest.

I hand it back to him and he grins lazily.

"If you want to drink, you'll find me camping out outside the homestead after I come back from my section." He nods at me.

He finishes his meal and gets up, walking out.

What an odd boy. I am automatically distracted from my thoughts by the sound of boys crashing down their trays around me.

Minho is glugging down water. To soothe his hangover.

Where did that thought come from?

Newt, on the other hand, has thick bags under his eyes and his lower lip is bleeding from where he has clearly been biting it too much.

He sits across from me, where Ben sat. He rubs his forehead, soothing his temples.

"Serves you right." I murmur. "You drank a lot last night. A little too much."

The boys say nothing until Alby speaks up.

"I think Minho has something to say." He clears his throat.

"Sorry for being a slinthead and shoving you up the tree, I was out of my mind." He mutters, rolling his eyes.

"It's fine. Really." I shrug it off, staring down at the table. "Alby...I need to talk to you...In a little while."