Chapter Thirty Two-Options

Gif Of: THE BLADES. It'll make sense a little later on. I promise.

I clap Sophie on the back.

"You did good out there, gave the boys a real show." I chuckle.

"As annoying as you are, I'm not going to reply to that." She rolls her eyes, but the ghost of a smile is evident on her face.

"I don't think you've even realized it but you are slowly becoming more and more pleasant." I smirk.

She shrugs, before turning and walking away.

"Zoe are you coming to bed or not?" Newt grumbles.

THREE WEEKS LATER

"No, no, no, no..." I grumble, throwing items of clothing around my room.

Where are all my clean shirts? I have next to none, they are all grimy and grotty or covered in a layer or two of dirt.

"Morn-" Newt begins, but shuts up when he is smacked in the face by one of my shirts.

He pulls the checkered item of clothing away from his face before squinting. "What are you doing?"

"Looking for a clean shirt! I'm running with Veronica instead of Minho today and she wants to leave a little earlier and I currently have no clean shirts! I'll have to clean them all later but I have to go like...right after breakfast which is where we are meant to be in less than fifteen minutes!" I ramble, slamming my hand into my face.

Newt chuckles a little, yawning and running a hand through his bed hair.

"I mean I have a couple of pairs of shorts but no sh-" I begin, exasperated.

Newt walks over to his set of drawers, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as he does so. He mutters to himself before chucking a blue washed out denim shirt at me.

"It should be smaller than the rest of my shirts. It's the one I turned up in a couple of years ago so it should fit." He explains.

I throw my arms around him, hugging him tightly. "Thanks so much! You're a lifesaver."

He grabs his own change of clothes and leaves for a second whilst I quickly yank the shirt over my head and shrug my shorts on. There's no time to do much with my hair so I just quickly pull it up into a high ponytail.

As I leave, Newt walks in, changed into a new set of clothes. We walk to breakfast together and I grab an apple, something I should be able to eat fairly quickly. 

Veronica is already there, halfway through a bowl of porridge. The only people at our usual table are Claudie, Veronica, Minho, Alby, Newt and I. The others must still be resting. It makes sense though, Claudie had to help make breakfast so he's been up for a while, Veronica is running with me, Minho is a runner-Keeper of The Runners in fact, Alby has to overlook everyone's work and Newt usually just gets up when I get up due to the noise I can usually make, ramming my drawers open and closed.

"We are taking Section Eight today." Veronica tells me when I sit down. 

I nod, taking a bite of my apple. "Fine by me, though if we head out earlier we should get back earlier than everyone else, right?"

"No, as we'll be going as far into The Maze as possible. Minho trusts us, I'm guessing." She explains.

"I would have thought he would have wanted to accompany us." I shoot a questioning look at Minho. "Considering the fact we are going possibly into an unknown area that might not have been covered before."