Chapter Fifteen-Disappear

Gif of: Veronica

I bolt awake, eyes flickering open instantly.

The sky is various shades of pink, purple, red and orange. How beautiful. I am lying on top of Newt, head shoved under his chin. Oh god.

I bite my lip as I slip out of his reach, rolling onto the ground beside him. I need to go. I need to leave right now.

"I'm sorry Newt." I whisper, quickly walking away to The Homestead.

I grab my bagpack from under my bed and pull out my knives to use for the blades, the ones that killed Georgia. I'll need to block them off somehow, or at least get them jammed.

I pull my bow over my body and leave the sheath of arrows to hand over one shoulder. This is it.

Nobody is awake. There are plenty of bodies scattered on the floor though, everyone is sleeping. I tip toe over The Gladers, careful not to step on anyone.

The Box has gone down of course, leaving me with only a dark hole to jump down. The only source of light are small red bulbs lined down the walls of the hole.

Faintly, I can see a blade-big and shiny sticking out of the wall as if ready to slice through me. I gulp and prepare myself to jump. I take a deep breath, gripping the blades in my hands and throw one towards it.

It makes a decently loud crashing noise, of metal upon metal. Nobody seems to hear it though, but I suppose if they can sleep through the closing of The Doors they can sleep through this.

I sit with my legs on the edge, preparing myself. For all I know I could fall to my death. Maybe The Creators are down there, ready to talk to me. Maybe experiment on me? Anything could happen, I wouldn't put anything by The Creators.

I gulp in air, taking one last look at The Glade before jumping into the unknown. The air is knocked from my lungs as I slam into a large metal chain. I gasp for my breath as I continue to fall endlessly.

I'm doing the right thing.

I slam into something else this time, something hard and large yet smooth. My head smashes against it and I let out a groan and then...

Nothing.

"The girl has arrived! The girl has arrived!" Someone bursts into The Glades control room, their face pulled into an expression of excitement.

Fiona stands up and her workers stare at the big screen, showing an image of a blonde boy, looking around The Glade with an anxious look on his face.

She leaves quickly, rushing along the hallway. She draws to a halt outside The Launching department. Jonas is already there, looking grim.

She types in a passcode to let her in, the invisible door letting out a pop and fizz. She enters, taking in the sight.

The girl is sprawled out across the roof of The Box, blood pouring from a cut on her forehead.

Two men in space suit looking gear roll her off of it. Fiona calmly walks over, bending down to whisper in the girls ear.

"WICKED is good."

The girl lets out a whimper, rolling over.

"We can access her chip after this, to make her forget her time at WICKED headquarters if need be." Jonas points out.

"That might be a smart idea." Fiona nods. "I'll mention it to the worker controlling her chip, it should work."

A few more WICKED workers enter the room, rushing off with the girl.