💜CHAPTER TWENTY TWO💜

Unedited;

Timi,

"Happy birthday!" Everyone present including Anna screamed. I chuckled lightly and faced Anna "how did you know?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked and then pouted her lips. She looked so cute

"It's not important" I replied. The last birthday I celebrated was my tenth birthday. It didn't end well because of my dad. He can home furious that afternoon and told everyone to go home and then after that day I just didn't feel like throwing a party but I had to admin that the surprise party made me feel special, made me feel wanted.

My close pals came close to me and gave me hugs. Michael, Jesse, Angel, Rebecca and my classmates in school. They all had gifts for me.

I turned to Becca "you planned this right?"

She shook her head and then pointed to Anna who was busy talking to a guy at the entrance of the bar. They looked like they were in an argument and  the guy really looked familiar  "I assisted her anyways"

"Thanks" I muttered before strolling off to where Anna stood, when she boy left, she smiled

"Birthday boy" Anna held my hands and dragged me to the middle of the room. I was confused till she started singing.

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday, happy birthday
Happy birthday to you.

She gave me a kiss on the lips and then pulled me into an embrace. My heart skipped a beat.

"Was that my birthday gift?" I whispered into her ears

She smiled "part of it"

The cake was brought forward, It was a pretty huge cake but it looked nice. There were eighteen candles on it.

"Say your wish" Mofe, one of my classmate beside me said.

I said my wish in my mind and then blew the candle lights off.

Music started playing and everyone was dancing. Apart from me and Anna. We just stood close to each other and talked.

"Oya everybody let's move to the pool side!" Micheal shouted and then went out through a door. Everyone followed suit.

The pool was very big and I was about stripping when I remembered I wasn't with my swimsuit.

I tapped Anna "I didn't bring my swimsuit"

"Don't worry I brought one, let's go to the changing room"she replied.

She picked up a small duffel bag and we went to the changing room. When we got there I hugged her again
"Thanks"

"For what?" She asked

"For everything"I replied. I leaned in closer and our lips touched. I placed my hands on her waist and was about to deepen the kiss when we heard voices just outside the door.

We pulled apart and I cleared my throat. "Well be fast, I want to swim" I said

She nodded and then opened the bag, she brought out a navy blue swimming trunk. I collected it and entered the first cubicle. Anna occupied the second one.

I changed into the swimming trunk and then stepped out of the cubicle. I leaned on the door as I waited to Anna to step out. I was anxious to see her in a swimsuit.

Minutes later, she wasn't out ."Anna it's everything okay there?" I asked

"I can't come out in these" she whined like a child