💜CHAPTER THIRTY ONE💜

Edited and slightly rewritten

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Timi,

I didn't even sit down before my sister started her questions. She smiled and sat down beside me. I purposely remained silent, pretending to be interested in the movie showing on the television.

I felt her eyes on me and I sighed facing her "What?"

"Anna huh, good choice."

I feigned annoyance but couldn't help smiling as Anna's beautiful face came to my mind. "Daniella stop it." I stared at her for a while and we ended laughing.

We spent hours talking about school stuffs and how things had been going. We talked till my mom got back from work. She came back with grandma. They were so happy to see Dani.

As soon as we finished dinner, grandma retired to her room as she complained of light headache, while my mom, I and Dani remained in the living room.

"Timilehin, get your things ready, you're leaving tomorrow, hope you know?" My mom asked.

I groaned "Where are I going to?" I joked but the serious look my mom gave me wiped the smile off my face "Sorry, I'll pack my things this night before I sleep."

She nodded.

"Where are you guys going to again?" Dani asked.

"We're going to be staying with my dad." I replied. She looked surprised and she frowned.

"Mom, you didn't tell me."

"I... I forgot." My mom muttered.

"Ah ah mummy where will I stay then?" Dani said loudly.

"Why will you be shouting at me, am I deaf?, when did all this one start." My mom replied angrily.

Dani massaged her temple "Sorry, I just thought I'll stay here with you guys, I don't want to go home."

"You can still stay with me and your grandma."

I was taken aback. "I don't understand, you said you're coming with me na."

"Timilehin."

"Ma?" I whispered.

Don't say you won't go with me,please.

"I thought about it, I'm still a married woman , you know I can't stay with another man yet until I have resolve this issue with my husband."

I sat upright and then rested my elbows on my knees "I don't understand."

Dani shook her head.

"What I mean to say is that you will be staying with your dad, and I won't be coming along."

"Then I'm not going." I stated.

"You're joking!." My mom shouted.

"Mom, let Timi stay here na, what's there?" Dani added.

"What's there is I don't have money, the job I'm doing is not enough to even feed us, I'm already tired. I'm tired." She started crying. " Do you think I don't want my son with me? Do you think I don't want us to be together? I just have no choice."

I rushed to her and hugged her. I never thought of how things must have been since we left our house. I never thought about how she much she had been working just to provide for us.

She came home late each night and I never asked her how she she was struggling to provide.

It dawned on me that I didn't care for her.