Twelve

Nancy's POV:-

It had been now roughly 3 hours since I got home and I have already started preparing for my big fat (well not really) dinner date with John. After the shoot, he seemed quite off and I noticed him avoiding any eye contact with me after that. Presumably he didn't want to get caught or maybe he was too tired, I don't know for sure, but I would make all his worries and stress go (maniac laughter ensues)

I decided to go simple, nothing fancy. I wore a peach colored, mid hemline dress and wore almost no makeup. Poor guy had already seen my face when I wake up in the morning, what's the worse thing he could possibly see now? For our menu I decided to go for roasted chicken breast served with a red wine reduction and a peas and carrot salad on the side. For desert, we had blueberry cheesecake which I brought from the store (because I had no time). I gently laid the white table cloth across the dining table and spread it out evenly. I put down the plates (my finest ones) on the table and lighted a scented candle (coconut and vanilla flavored) in the middle of the table for the feel. I even picked out John's favorite flowers from the florist this morning and put it inside the flower's vase on the tea table for him to see it the first thing when he walked into the room.

It was now around 8 and I was expecting John anytime soon. I made sure that the entire place was neat and tidy and even checked myself on the mirror for one last time. I combed the ends of my hair with my fingers and mess it out, slightly. I looked okay I guess??? Just then..

*Knock Knock*

"He's here", I mumbled under my breath and immediately run to answer the door. I opened the door to a slightly annoyed John, wearing the same outfit from the shoot, with a hat on.

"Hello handsome", I smirked, hoping for his mood to lighten up slightly on the compliment but without even looking at me once, John walked straight past me. I frowned at his strange behavior and closed the door behind me. I turned back to see him pace around the dining table. He sighed heavily, his index finger tracing the corner of the table before looking upto me, his lips, curving into a weak smile.

"You did all this for me?", he asked.

"Yes, did you like it?", I grinned, waltzing my way to him. 

"Like it? I love it", he cooed, pulling me closer to him, by my waist. I immediately wrap my lean hands across his neck and toss his hat on the ground.

"I am glad you loved it", I whispered, before closing my eyes and leaning down to brush my lips against John's. He kissed me back, squeezing my waist slightly with his warm hands, before  pulling away quickly. I tried kissing him again but I notice that he wasn't reciprocating until he completely backed away, letting go off me.

"What's wrong?", I asked, a little perplexed.

"You...", John looked down at his feet, mumbling something under his breath before he broke into a fit of laughter.

"Nancy! You amaze me really. I mean all this for me? Look at the amount of effort you put into this! (he quickly walked to the table with his favorite flowers), This! (nervous laughter) When you could have done all this for George!", he cried.

"What?", I chuckled, slightly confused.

"Didn't he ask you out today?", he asked, his smile slowly fading.

"John, I don't get it-"

"George! He likes you and wants you to be his girl. That's why he was flirting with you today on the set and you.. you were flirting back with him!", John cried, his voice filled with complete irritation and anger.

"George? He likes me?", I asked confused.

"You like him too don't you? I saw it today. I saw everything, the way your cheeks blush about at his every touch (he slowly crept closer to me and I started to take my steps backward, until I hit the wall), the way your eyes sparkle at his every compliment. The way you act completely different around him, it's like seeing a complete different version of you. So petite, small and vulnerable, all the things you can possibly be with someone you love. I don't see you behaving like that around me.. Isn't it?", he slammed his right hand on the wall in anger as I shrieked.

"John, you are completely misunderstanding this", I whimpered. I had never seen this side of him before and it was terrifying me.

"I am the one misunderstanding huh?", he cried, right on my face. I had never felt so small in front of him before.

"Look, I had no idea about George! I didn't even have the slightest clue about it and say he did ask me out today, did you actually expect me to say yes? Don't you trust me even the slightest?", I cried back, somehow controlling my tears, that were beginning to form at the back of my eye. John sniffed slowly and pulled back. He slowly paced around the room until he fell on the couch.

I stared at him dead blank. He was somewhere lost, deep in his own thoughts, muffling his sweet nothings.

"John?", I cried. No reply.

"John, you are overthinking this. George is just my friend. I have got nothing for him! Trust me! The only person I love is you.." , I purred, slowly approaching him. He didn't move and didn't say anything. I went and knelt down before him, holding his hands before he jerked it off completely.

"No you don't!", John huffed, standing up away from me.

I got slightly irritated.

"John! Why is it that you aren't understanding this?", I cried.

I continued. "Do you expect me to agree to something I didn't do? Do you expect me to apologize to you for something which is simply a figment of your own filthy imagination? Then I am sorry Mr. JOHN LENNON, you aren't getting any apology!", I nearly screamed at him, fresh, hot tears flowing down my cheeks. (I tend to cry when I get angry)

"Huh, I don't expect anything from you now", John replied coldly.
I frowned at his answer.

"What?", I cried, pulling his arm, making him turn to face me.
John squinted and frowned at my sudden strength (I am freakishly strong)

"You can date anyone you like know Nancy. You don't need me to be happy. You are free now", John said bluntly. His words stabbing me like a thousand cold knives all over my chest.

"Oh so, you are leaving me?", I cried.
"So now I can go have sex with anyone I like?", I cried again, looking at his reddened eyes, searching for an answer.
He couldn't (and wouldn't) reply.

"Fine then! It's my lucky day!", I cried and let go off his arm before wiping the tears off my face. I stormed into my bedroom and grabbed my purse from the drawer. Before leaving, I quickly see my image on the mirror. I smothered my red lipstick across my lips and set my hair.

"Make sure you lock the house before you leave. You have got food to eat if you like!", I cried to John who simply stared at me with utter confusion in his face and stormed off the house.

This is not exactly peach and not how I actually envisioned Nancy's dress but this is the closest I could get~~~

*A/N
Angst! Proper way to define this chapter. Nancy is me in angry situations, we both cry! This scene was more gruesome and savage in my mind but as I was writing it down, it turned into a more milder version of what I was thinking previously!
I read in many places how John always used to feel insecure about his voice and always used to feel that people would stop loving him and leave him, which would explain his extreme possessiveness and clingyness with all his lovers and other relationships. So this is partially based on that! He is definitely jealous and somewhere he is blaming himself for this. (Much like me)
Anywho, next chapter is going to be super long so hold your horses on fellas!
Also 200 reads on my story!like wow, it's not that much, but for me it means the world since I know I am a terrible writer, lmao!!! Hope you all like this one!
Peace and love! 💝💞💞💓💓💓💗