Four

*I couldn't find a picture of John reading a letter or something so this is him reading a newspaper*

John's POV:-

Maybe Nancy was in a rush. Since Brian was on leave, she herself would have to open the office and prepare the studio for us to record. I don't blame her. But I was expecting maybe a small 'thank you' note or at least a note saying she left? For some reason, I found it really awkward and rude but since it's Nancy, everything else coming from her was awkward.

"Oh bugger off Rings. It was just a bloody sandwich!", George cried, elbowing Ringo at his chest, which earned a loud growl from him.

"Ah and yer bloody well going to pay for that", Ringo purred. They were still mad about the 'sandwich' episode, I mean, it was a small, cold and old sandwich for crying out loud!

We arrived at the studio and were greeted by some press outside, which we had to tackle somehow on our own. Without Brian, we were almost like four kids lost in a big fair, looking earnestly for our parents. I somehow manage to sneak away using Ringo as my shield, he was small and tiny. Poor fella!

"I am gonna have some coffee! Would yer like some?", Paul asked as I headed for the door to the studio.

"No, I am good", I said, giving him a half hearted smile.

"I need to rinse my mouth away from that awful taste. It was so overpowering", Paul said with a completely disgusted look on his face and went to the studio cafe, which was just parallel to our recording room.

The design of the studio was simple yet constructive. On entering the recording room, you would find all our instruments (guitars, drums, piano)  scattered across the floor and untangled wires just creeping down the floor. The room was tiny but tidy. The room was half bounded with a glass partition, where our sound engineer would work and edit our music. It was a fun little game which we all loved to play. There was another room connected to the sound engineer's room which was Brian's office, also Nancy's office. She had her own little table with a typewriter on it in the corner. Her work mostly included replying to all the fan mails we would get daily, catering us, fix our appointments and help groom ourselves. But above all, her work was to be someone whom we could trust blindly and after Brian, she is probably the only person whom we could trust.

I walk to my chair, the one at the center and loosen my tie a little. It was a little warm at the studio. I pick up my guitar and gently stroke some random chords, some last minute prep, just then Ringo and George walked in.

"See now are you happy?", George huffed.

"Mmhm", Ringo replied grinning wide, as he took a bite of his sandwich.

"So you had to buy him a fucking sandwich?". I asked to George who just threw his arms in the air almost like "I can't with this guy" gesture. I chuckled. 

"John, this is the best sandwich in the entire world! And since you mean so much to me, more than what George means to me (gives a dead stare to George who angrily walked to his seat), I will let you have a bite of it!", Ringo smirked, pulling out his sandwich, presenting it in a grand fashion.

"Nah mate, I am good!", I replied.

"Oh c'mon! Don't be that cheeky!", I said once again, trying to push away Ringo in a playful manner. The guy wouldn't just bum out and continued to almost ramble on me only to make George jealous, that I didn't even see a piece of note slip down on the floor.

"Cut it off Rings!", I cried standing up. Ringo just completely stared at me. I would sometimes get easily creeped out with those eyes. Those darting, blue eyes appear to be staring directly inside me soul.

"Fine, don't regret later", Ringo hummed and walked outside the room. Meanwhile, I bent down and picked up the note. I opened it and read:

        "It's me Nancy Crowley. I often have to mention that because everyone at school used to call me Nancy Drew, kind of stuck with me since then. Anyways, if you are reading this than I assume I am not in the office right now and probably stuck at the postman's office trying to send out letters in every part of Great Britain. Because, if I were there physically, I would have said it to you myself. Well thank you John. For letting me stay in for the night and for understanding my position. I mean you must have felt bad for me. Who wouldn't? But yes, I really am thankful for this wonderful act of kindness which I believe I can pay it off by promising you to not walk in again while you have sex. I will make sure the next time. Now I need to go to the post office because as I write this, I am still very much in the office and very late.

                                                                                                                       -Nancy C.-"

*A/N

Aah this is a really smol chapter because I am just so tired! I guess in the next chapter we are either going to have a time leap or maybe we get to go into the film set. I don't know for sure really!

Also I have an idea for another story (with George and Paul) but with a more serious and dramatic concept, but I am not sure if I should write it since I am already into this one. Anyways I will let you all know, how that goes! Hope you guys enjoy it and vote for it!

Peace and Love!
💞💞💞💞