Eleven

*I had this picture in mind when I was writing this chapter. I mean Paul's face, John... ooooffff- 🥵🥵🥵🥵*

*A month later*

John's POV:-

".... and that's all you got to do", Brian smirked, looking at all of us, contently. 

"But we already had our photoshoot some... I don't know.. yesterday?", Paul huffed in annoyance.

"Well these are all promotional stills, and if you guys behave at your best and maybe cooperate a little, we can wrap all this up latest by 4!", Brian replied.

"4? It's 11 now!", Ringo cried.

"Just.. smile!", Brian grinned and disappeared between the crowded studio room. The studio was a small, congested one, the entire room filled with the smell of booze and rounds of cigarettes. It was only 11 in the morning and people were already high. All the four of us, were made to wear a three piece suit of colors black and white (well how wonderful). We had our makeup on, which included only slight powdering of our faces and had our hair, all brushed and styled (We had mop tops; there necessarily wasn't much to style)

Cameras and lights were set up across the white curtain in different positions and angles. The cameramen were taking warm up shots of us, before calling us for the main shots. 

The plan was simple, we will all have our own individual portraits, then some couple of group portraits of all of us together and portraits with each one of the member. Simple right? Not really.

After some rounds of our group pictures, we were given a break to have our faces polished and such. 

"So darling, what do you like to do on Fridays?", Paul smirked, battering through his thick eyelashes to the young make up artist who turned peach red.

"Paul.. please!", I nudged, my eyes scanning the entire room, my concentration completely diverted.

"Oh come on, George can wipe off the entire plate of sandwiches in one sitting and I can't have a single decent date? Where has the modesty gone?", Paul chuckled, trying his best to pull up a serious face.

"You piss!", I hissed and got off my chair to walk to the narrow corridor for some fresh air. Upon reaching a place where I wouldn't bump into someone, I reached out for my pack of cigarettes from one of the inside pocket of my coat and lit it up. I usually don't tend to smoke on workplace but today I was tired and stressed. 

About last month I had confessed Nancy my feelings about her and I was overwhelmed on knowing she felt the same for me. It is highly unlikely to have the person whom you love, to love you back. It's rare but it happened to me and I couldn't ask for anything else. 

I remember that Sunday afternoon as if those were incidents of this morning. We were cuddled up together the entire day, saying sweet nothings to one another, kissing and making love to each other. It was the most perfect weekend with the most perfect lady. 

The following day I left early to go to my apartment and get changed into some fresh clothes after two entire days. The boys did gave me looks, but I shoved it off. At this point, to disclose the fact that Nancy and I were together was kind of scary. Brian had clearly mentioned that we were to keep our personal lives very private for our own safety as well as the safety of our partner(s) . Marriage? Completely off the charts. 

Though I loved Nancy with all my heart and as much as I wanted to be with her openly, without the fear of any being, I needed some more time, stability for the hysteria to calm down (if it ever does)

I asked her to pretend everything was normal, just like the other days, when she merely used to be my secretary, as well as of the boys', catering to our hour to hour needs. Though she showed that she was completely fine with the fact that we will have to hide out relationship from everyone and flashed me one of her gorgeous, cheeky smiles, I know she was slightly hurt with that. I wouldn't blame her. Imagine, seeing your secret boyfriend, being flirted (as well as flirting) with other girls. Horrible. 

She was now working behind the curtain arranging our lunch. As I was getting my portraits done, I could feel her eyes on me as she stood at the corner, smiling to herself. Now I was staring at the outline of her petite body counting the number of sandwiches on the tray, arranging them in rows and columns according to their sizes. She looked satisfied at the result and sighed heavily. Her side locks were graciously covering half of her face. She was wearing a floral yellow and like green dress that was hugging her curves oh so perfectly. At intervals, she would tuck her hair behind her ear which would give me better access to her round, plumped face, but then again it would fall off. Meanwhile, I stomped the stunk cigarette with my feet and straightened my coat and fixed my hair before walking inside the studio.
For a brief moment, our eyes locked and she gave me a weak smile. I smiled at her back before being called by Paul and Brian.

Despite having spent such a generous amount of time with each other we had to behave like strangers and it was hurting me. And it was hurting her too.

"So Paul, I want you to sit in this chair and John, go stand behind him!", the cameraman who wasn't even looking at us, commanded. I shot a look to Brian who gestured me to leave it be and go pose. Paul and I did what he told and took our respective positions.

"Oh Kelly could you go do Mr. Lennon's hair there? It's looking like a nest",  the cameraman grinned. The audacity.

"Hey Mr. Cameraman! Lookie over here. We are here because we are getting paid to be here and I believe you are being paid as well so do your bloody damn job and piss off!", I cried to which the cameraman said, "Oh the melodramatic teens!", calmly, making me angry even more. Could this guy just get over with it?

"Mate, calm down!", Paul mumbled, his puppy eyes looking up at me.
"Trying to", I replied, faking a smile.

~~~~

"Right now, could you rest your chin on Paulie's head?", the cameraman asked. Annoyingly, I did so. It had been now 35 minutes and Paul and I were still not done with our portraits. The growing tension in the room was prevalent and my anger just needed one more push to burst out. The only thing that was making me keep going was the fact that Nancy and I were going to have dinner at her place tonight. (Since we could not be seen together in public). Due to my busy schedule, I almost forgot about my date. I was looking forward to this and I was extremely happy.

".. no you really are, trust me!", George giggled to which Nancy laughed out loud.
I saw George and Nancy talking just a little behind the idiot cameraman who had a remark at everything we did. Nancy was leaning against the wall while George was standing close to her, his left hand, resting on his hip and his right hand on the wall. For some reason, I wasn't liking the way the two were standing so close to each other. Nancy was continuously laughing at George's jokes, who wasn't simply cracking jokes but was flirting with her.

I suddenly remembered what he told me on the night of the premiere. George was taking a liking on Nancy and maybe he was trying to make his move on her. I was so into their conversation, that I wasn't even listening to the cameraman who was telling me to focus at the camera.

"Lennon, what's the matter?", Paul asked me. I simply waved my hand in a 'nothings the matter' kind of way and tried to focus on the shot. After few seconds of concentration, I got distracted once again when George brushed one of Nancy's lock of hair and tucked it behind her ear.

"You are beautiful", I saw George mouthing to Nancy.

To be continued....

*A/N
Ah well finally a new chapter! I was on a break since I was having a series of tests this week, well I still do this coming Friday but why am I boring you guys with this unnecessary information?? Anywho, I think you have already guessed where this story is heading to????
I promise this will turn out more interesting and I just can't wait to update further...
Hope you guys like this one
Peace and love,
💗💓💞💞💝💘