One

"No, that's not how I want it up there! Trying strumming it backwards", Paul grunted. 

"But I already played it backwards for you, but then you told me to slow down!", John cried, looking up from his guitar. 

"Right, do it one more time", Paul sighed. He was tired. All of them were. They had been 'locked' inside the studio for 16 hours straight. The current album they were working on was probably one of their finest so far and they had also been commissioned for their very own movie. Of course, the boys were frantic and excited, but it also meant recording not only for their album, but now also for the movie.

Paul and John had been arguing on the beginning of "A Hard Day's Night". John couldn't stand Paul trying to boss around and Paul just didn't want to be underestimated. Considering the toll of work on the four budding sensations of the country, losing your nerves at times was allowed.

"I can't alright? I am done", John said, taking down the guitar off his lap and standing up, straightening his pants.

"What do you mean you're done?", Paul asked, his brows narrowing. 

"I meant I need a break alright?", John stated. Just then there was a subtle knock on the door.

"Come in", Ringo said.

Entered, a young handy woman with two trays on both of her hands, each filled with plates of cookies, sandwiches and tea.

"Sandwich!", George cried and almost leapt up from his seat and rushed towards the young lady.

Though a little wobbly, she managed to place the trays on the tea table at the corner. George immediately began to devour.

"So I see George already got his sandwich, Ringo here's your Earl Grey (hands him over the cup, Ringo taking in the fragrance), a black coffee for Paul and this honey and lime green tea for Mr. Lennon!", Nancy said, edging over to the side, looking seemingly proud of herself.

The boys were hungry (very hungry) that they swept clean the entire tray within a blink of an eye. 

"You are a life saver Nance!", Ringo said, wiping off the cookie crumbs off his mouth with his handkerchief. Nancy giggled.

"How were the cookies?", Nancy asked as she started cleaning away the remains on the table.

"Sweet as honey pie", Paul muttered. Everyone shot Paul a 'are you serious' kind of look.

"I-I.. I meant it was good. Why? Did you make 'em?", Paul asked.

"Yes! Oh god, I am so glad you liked it. This is the first time I made cookies before the fire alarm went off! This would be the perfect news to tell mum since every time I call her, she always asks me 'So shagged anyone yet?' Today I would finally have something else to tell her!", Nancy squealed in excitement. The boys started giggling slowly.

"Thanks for the finest hospitality in the whole of Liverpool Miss Crowley!", George said bowing before her.

"It has been a pleasure Mr. Harrison!", Nancy replied bowing back. The rest of the boys thanked her except for John who had already taken his seat and began strumming his rhythm guitar.

"Right, so I will be in Brian's office, replying to all the fan mails YOU lads got!", Nancy smirked and left the room with the trays. Nobody saw, but she almost tripped on her face but somehow managed to save herself from the disastrous fall. As she closed the door, she heard John say some profanity to Paul about him bossing around and then Ringo joining the argument.

"The Beatles, ladies and gentlemen", Nancy muttered under her breath as she placed the utensils under the sink and went over to Brian's office. He was called in sick today, so during his absence, Nancy could have his office all by herself, which she loved. The desk was engulfed with piles of letters, which were arranged accordingly to the person addressed to and on it, a typewriter. Arranging the letters itself took her three hours. Nancy shifted herself on the chair, making herself comfortable, as she took out the first letter and began reading it.

       "Dearest John 💞💓💗

                The thought that you would be reading my message itself is giving me the shimmies (poor girl didn't know apparently) I am your biggest fan and have been following you since The Cavern Club days. Oh john, you have no idea....."

Most of the letters began with the girls stating themselves to be the 'biggest fans' and so on. Some even had their telephone number and picture stuck behind the letters for the boys to see it. Nancy couldn't help but laugh at their foolishness but at the same time, felt bad at their foolishness. One after another, Nancy patiently replied to each letter. Having worked with the boys from the past two years meant, she was well acquainted with their mannerisms, their customs and beyond all, the way they talked to their fans. Paul was the unashamed flirt, Ringo was the friendliest poodle, George was the kind of boy whom every mom loved and John was the sarcastic bitch. 

It was about to turn 9 pm when she heard the 'click' sound of the doorknob. The boys were out of the recording room meaning they had completed recording for the day.

"I could honestly fall asleep right here", Nancy heard Ringo grunt to which she slightly chuckled.

"If you are gonna fall asleep here then who's going to shag your birdie?", Paul laughed.  The boys burst into a short lived laughter and soon their voices faded out of the long corridor. 

"Oh Mrs. Lamb!", Nancy cried, remembering to ring her owner up. Nancy lived at a small apartment, upwest, an apartment so small, that a sofa, a chair and a table could hardly fit together in one room. The owner of the apartment Mrs. Lamb would lock the gate by 9 pm to prevent her daughter's alcoholic boyfriend to come inside the premises. 

Nancy hurriedly dialed her number.

"Mrs. Lamb! Hello it's Nancy Crowley speaking here. I was wondering if you could- But Mrs. Lamb it's only for a night. Besides, I just have a handful of letters to reply to and- No, well I understand- Yes, that's fine alright. I will see what i can do- Hello? Hello? Mrs. Lamb?" The line cut off.

Mrs. Lamb was done putting up with Nancy but how far could she go? Following the hysteria regarding the prized Fab Four, every single day, the studio would receive thousands of letters, to which Nancy had to reply. It was unlike the time when she joined in as an assistant to The Beatles' manager, Brian Epstein, two years ago. The flow of work then was much slower and there were less needs to cater.

Nancy put down the phone almost defeated when she heard a gentle tap on her door, which was partially ajar.

"Aren't you gone yet?", George asked peeping in.

"I will be, in a few hours of time", Nancy replied, smiling half heartedly, looking at the still to reply pile of letters.

"Wow, that many letters today eh?", George asked, his body leaning against the wooden framework of the door.

"Well..", Nancy hesitated.

"Well I am pretty but flustered. I would tell Leo to drop you off when you're done. It's quite late and chilly", George battered through his thick Liverpudlian accent.

"Oh no, that won't be needed since I would be spending the night here, at the studio. You know that narrow room at the second top floor, which looks seemingly haunted and thus no one really goes up there?", Nancy asked.

"Yes", George replied, trying to contain his laughter.

"There's a bed over there. Not the best of course, but with the company of termites and bugs, I will be just fine!", Nancy giggled to which George couldn't control his laughter.

"Say the termites goodnight for me Nance!", George smirked shutting the door close behind him to which Nancy cried, "Sure will!"

*A/N
So here goes my first Beatles fiction!ah!(cringe intensifies) I had to dramatize some things to fit the story . Also let's assume that the lads are all single in the story! I know not much is going on here but you would see more of it on the next chapter! Um, do be kind with it, huhu! ✌✌✌*