I

Ben stood there with his hand extended out toward me, an offer my heart was screaming at me to take. "I want you to join me" he said sternly, quickly pressing his lips together and taking a breath, "we can rule together and bring order to the galaxy!" He offered diligently, but I cut him off swiftly.

"Don't do this Ben...please don't go this way" I begged, I felt a tear roll down my face as I stood there, helpless to his offer that I was debating in my head.

His body tensed as he took a step closer to me, his eyes narrowed and his breath staggering, "no, no! You're still holding on! Let go!" He demanded, I breathed in a quick breath as he stood there. His hand slowly fell to the side as he continued to talk, "do want to know the truth about your parents?" He asked quickly. I choked on my breath and stared at him soft eyes, "or have you always known?"

He took slow steps toward me, "or have you just hidden it away?" He questioned, I stared in to his deep, dark brown eyes and felt tears rising and quickly falling from them. He walked until his was only a foot away, his body no longer tense as his shoulders were rolled back and his posture was leaned toward me.

"You know the truth" he said softly, inviting his own opinion of my knowledge in.
"Say it" he demanded quickly, I choked on my breath once more and did not speak, wishing I could back away from his intense gaze but my body didn't want to move. "Say it" he said once more but much gentler and soft, he wasn't looking for a way to scare me.

He was trying to get me to face the truth.

My heart dropped and my whole soul felt empty as he knew, that I knew the truth as well. I let my eyes glance to the floor quickly but quickly raised them back toward Ben.

"They were nobody" I said helplessly, wishing I could wipe my eyes but I wouldn't dare move from this position.

"They were filthy junk traders, who sold you off for drinking money" he stated, I felt my face contort in to pure anguish and depression as he stated the facts I should've confronted long ago. I took a quick breath through my mouth and shakily let it out, staring at Ben still.

"They're dead in a paupers grave in the Jakku desert" he continued, I wish he would stop but I knew he wouldn't, he was trying to prove a point.

As he stared in to my eyes, I saw nothing open and raw emotion in his eyes, something is only seen once before.

"You have no place in this story, you come from nothing" he said sternly, his words hitting me like a stone wall. "You are nothing" he continued, I felt my soul fall from my heart as I could no longer look at him. How could he say that?
"But not to me" he finished, my eyes flew back toward his as tears streamed down my face. "Join me" he said clearly, taking another step toward me. I glanced down at his hand, so open and ready for my hand to slip in to his. I let my eyes rise back to Ben's and saw a look of plea in them, I looked at his hand once more and saw it open even more.

"Please" he said softly, my eyes widened as a strange feeling filled my body, a feeling of two sides fighting within me. If I took his hand, I'd leave everything I know and love behind me. The resistance would disappear and the galaxy would fall in to complete disarray.

But if I took his hand...I'd be with Ben.

"Rey..." Ben started to say, he was studying my every move, patience was flowing through his mind along with fear and anxiousness.

"I fear the dark Ben..." I confessed, I stared at his hand, "I don't want to join the dark side"

He took another step toward me, still extending his hand. "I don't want you to join the dark side, I just want you..." he started to say, his voice trailing off as he must've said too much. "I just want you to join Me" he said softly, I let out an exasperated breath and almost smiled.

He didn't want me for my power or to join the dark side, he just wanted me. For the first time, I felt truly wanted, I felt like I truly belonged somewhere...with someone.

I took a deep breath and put all the distractions behind me, I slowly lifted my hand toward Ben, his eyes not leaving my own eyes. Although taking his hand would be simple, it felt like I was choosing a new life that I would be reborn into. My eyes glanced down and spotted Luke's lightsaber in his hand, and all my distractions came flooding back to me.

Finn, Poe, Leia...they'd die if I took his hand. I stopped my hand in its tracks and I had to choose. Take the lightsaber and run for my life...or take Ben's hand and stay with someone whom I now trusted with my whole heart.

Then a flash of warning filled my mind as my head snapped toward the large open window of Snoke's throne room, Ben's head did the same. I looked back at him and saw growing concern fill his face. "What was that?" I asked quickly, Ben couldn't answer because he had no answer. I ran toward the window and saw a single resistance cruiser turning toward the dreadknot and command cruiser. "It's the resistance...the ship is running away" I guessed as I saw the ship slowly turning away from the transports. The command ship was so close to the one Ben and I were in that I immediately became very afraid of what they were doing. I furrowed my brow and looked back at Ben, he looked just as confused as me.

Then everything made sense.

The back of the ship flew with ethereal light as it was powering its lightspeed engine...toward the ship. Fear and worry filled my mind as I saw the ship about to launch itself through the ship.

"Get back..." I said quietly, "get back!" I yelled, I sprinted away from the window and saw Ben staring at me in confusion. My heart pounded in my ears as Ben stood there in confusion, only noticing once he looked past my body and put the large window. In a moment of pure instinct, I lunged toward Ben, my chest slamming in to his. He grunted in pain as both our bodies slammed against the ground as I threw myself over him in protection.

The last thing I remember is a blinding light ripping through my vision and a wave of debris and wreckage being thrown around me. I raised my head just a bit to look around me but all that happened was a piece of debris slammed in to my head. Then my eyes closed and I couldn't make them open again.