I'll Be The Last One To Know

~I'll Be The Last One To Know

I was woken up by my dad yelling my name. I slowly toppled down the stairs. I could see my hair in my shadow and it was not pretty. I also felt crusty dried up drool on the side of my face. I was one attractive morning person. When I saw who was standing at the door step I quickly ran back up the stairs and locked myself in my room.

*Knock Knock*

"I'll be out in a minute!" I screamed at whoever was knocking on my door.

"It's a little rude to run away from people, you know?" My dad explained still standing outside of my door.

"You could have told me Brooks was here. Dad, I look horrible. Give me ten minutes." I replied. I brushed my teeth and put my hair up in a high bun. I wiped my face off and threw on some skinny jeans with brown leg warmers. I put on my yellow high top converse that I had only worn one time before now. I put on a red shirt that said "Die Ärtze", my favorite German band. I didn't feel like piling on the makeup so I just went without it. I was now ready to leave my room. I walked back downstairs to find my dad and Brooks looking at a photo album of mine.

", and this was her 4th Halloween, she was a red m&m." they both laughed at the horrid picture of me.

I ripped the photo album out of my dad’s hands. "No." I simply told him.

"Hey, I was enjoying looking at those pictures." Brooks told me. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Coffee?" I asked Brooks dying to get out of my house.

"Yeah I was going to ask the same thing. See you later Peter.” Brooks waved goodbye to my dad whereas I glared at him for embarrassing me.

"You are not a morning person." Brooks said and laughed as we got into a cab.

"No sir. As a matter of fact I'm not." I told him.

"Well I'm sorry I just thought you would have wanted to see me today." Brooks said sounding glum.

"I'm sorry. I obviously want to see you too! I'll cheer up. Woooooooo!" I screamed causing the cab driver to look back at us. "Sorry." Brooks laughed at me hysterically.

We got to the coffee shop and sat down at a table for two. I ordered my favorite white chocolate cappuccino and he ordered a dark black coffee. Today I decided to pay for the drinks without Brooks knowing. We sat down in the café for about twenty minutes just talking about the most random things. A group of boys walked into the cafe and were being extremely obnoxious. I looked over and realized I knew a few of them.

"Carolina! We won the baseball championships." A guy named Josh Williams shouted at me.

I ignored him.

"Ooh does Lina Stark have a boyfriend?" A guy named Luke Johnson asked the other guys sitting at the table with him. I pretended not to hear him.