These Words; They'll Convince You

~These Words; They'll Convince You

“That’s my ringtone.”

Without even thinking I dropped Brooks’ phone and sped off on my bike. I took the long way home and I was speeding so fast. Hopefully he would never know who actually had his phone. I didn’t think he would find out since he didn’t exactly remember where he left it. But there was a part of me that was paranoid about him finding out somehow.

I saw a car driving towards me. They had their brights on. It pretty much burned my eyes. Until that pain was stopped by the pain of me flying across the dirt and down into the ditch. I was in pain and I had most likely broken something. I heard the cars brakes screeching. They were going to stop and help me. But the one thing that made me lose hope was the person who stepped out of the car.

“Sorry for hitting you. Unfortunately I didn’t kill you. I actually just wanted knock some sense into you. How about you keep quiet about our little accident and I’ll shut my mouth about the whole phone incident.” Amy said with her bratty tone. I wanted to get up from where I was and punch her strait in the face. I didn’t even have the strength to stand up.

“I don’t care if he finds out! I bet he already knows!” I tried screaming but it sounded more like a whisper with the lack of energy I had.

“You’re right he does know.” She bent her bottom lip like a pouting baby. “But you know what you don’t know. I’m pregnant. With HIS child. That’s right. You’re probably thinking that it doesn’t make sense. Well turns out he already knew that you and Emmet had sex before you told him. He was so sad he came to me. I drugged him up, gave him some love and we made a baby. I’m sorry. Wait no I’m not. I guess I won’t be seeing you anymore. You’re already dead to Brooks. He’s moved on.” Amy kicked some gravel at my face and walked back to her car. I had no energy to even try to get back home. I wanted to die.

***

“LINA! WAKE UP!” I heard someone yelling at my face. It was still dark so it must have been late still. My eyes slowly opened and I instantly saw Luke. I jumped but it hurt my ribs so much. Luke carried me to his truck.

“What are you doing?” I whispered trying to squeeze any sound out. I knew I had some sort of rib damage I could feel it every time I tried to talk. I started crying. I coughed feeling blood come up my throat. “What are you doing here so late?”

“You don’t need to worry about that right now. I’m going to bring you to the hospital!” Luke said lifting me onto his seat.

I gained every last ounce of energy and screamed “NO!” It hurt so badly but I couldn’t go to the hospital. No one could find out what I was doing out so late. “No one can know I was out.” I whispered. “Please.” I cried and cried and finally Luke just brought me back home. He snuck me in through the front door surprisingly. He walked me up to my bedroom and laid me on my bed.

“You need rest.” He whispered. “Can I see where you’re hurt?” Luke asked pushing the hair out of my face. I nodded almost falling asleep. I felt Luke’s hand pull my shirt up. His eyes got big. “Your ribs are bruised really badly!” He said worriedly. He pulled my shirt up a little higher. “I don’t think there is anything broken. But you need to stay home for a while. I’m serious no walking for at least three days.”