Where Do We All Find Love

~Where Do We All Find Love~

“So you obviously found out?” I finally asked breaking the fifteen minutes of silence.

“What do you think?” Brooks asked.

“Brooks I’m so sorry. I should have told you. But you were gone—” Brooks cut me off.

“Don’t you dare blame this on me, Lina! You know that you didn’t have to do this! Brooks said frustrated.

“Brooks, I know you are mad! But you have to realize how I was feeling! Number one I had just been totally ignored for the past three weeks because you had been doing stuff with other girls who happened to be twenty times more beautiful than me. I had been with Emmet the entire time and I actually was starting to like him! It was just the one time. And we both decided never to do it again! It was just that one time ‘I’m lonely’ type thing. I’m sure you know it! Please don’t let this affect our relationship. I like you so much!” I yelled not even worrying about everyone downstairs who could more than likely hear me.

“It’s not the fact that I think you’ll do it again or the fact that we were in some way ‘together’ at the time. It’s the fact that you just did it. Like you didn’t even think about it. You just went with it. You just gave your virginity away to someone you didn’t even love. Yes, I’ve had sex before but it was with people I loved and cared for. How am I supposed to forget that you just gave it away? There’s no way I can get that out of my own head, Lina.” Brooks said with tears streaming down his face. “I’m bruised and scarred.”

“Brooks we’ve been through so much the past few months—” I said being cut off by Brooks.

“You’re right we have. That’s why I think we should take a break. A long nice break. I need to focus on work and you need to focus on school.” Brooks said over confidently. I was hurt.

“What?! You want to give up?!” I screamed at him.

“Yes, Lina! That’s exactly what I want!” He yelled back.

“Don’t you love me?” I asked quieter.

“Yes.” Brooks said wiping his tears.

“Well then we can fight for what we love!” I cried.

“But I can’t keep loving you like this. We deserve peace. Everyone deserves peace. I make a mistake we fight, scream and yell. You make a mistake we fight, scream and yell. It’s become a routine. I don’t think this can function anymore. We’ve hurt each other.” Brooks walked into my bathroom. I lied on my bed and cried into my pillow. I looked up and checked the time. It was already 10:00 at night and usually by that time I would be hungry but at that very moment I had no appetite. We had been fighting for about six hours. I was more tired than anything. Finally Brooks walked out of the bathroom. Without saying a word he took a seat on my bed and lied down. I rolled to face him and look him in the eyes. He gently placed his hand on mine. “I don’t want us to be over.” He whispered. He gave me a cute peck on the lips. I rolled to the other side letting him place his hand on my stomach. I started falling asleep when finally I was out.