000 | hell of a ride

until the lamb became a lion

TIME PASSED SLOWLY. A little girl stayed hidden within the darkness, feeling every beat of her heart pounding against the cold stone she laid upon. The room was as quiet as it was dark, with only one sound to be heard; the sound of her own pulse throbbing in her ears. Suddenly, the serenity of silence surrendered to the deathly scream of hinges, the door opposite her slowly being pried open. A narrow stream of light skillfully meandered through the room, and a shadow quickly followed.

The little girl held her breath, daring not to make a sound. Fear filled her body to the brim, tightening around her body, holding her captive in its poisonous embrace. Each second seemed to last an eternity as she laid perfectly still, listening to the footsteps of the intruder; her erratic pule muted. Her mind was starting to fail, like an engine that turned over and over, never kicking into action. She couldn't formulate a thought. Every action would lead to more pain. There was no way out of this room.

She glanced at the floor. No trap door.

She glanced at the wall. No hole large enough for her to sneak through.

Her eyes moved to the window. The iron grille was gone.

She breathed.

There was a chance.

A chance to find freedom.

Slowly standing up, the little girl walked towards the tinted window, adrenaline coursing through her veins, the thought of finally getting out of this place overflowing her mind. Opening the latch, she pushed the window up, allowing a howl of wind to enter the dark, silent room. The child grinned, happiness clouding her mind. She was finally going to escape this hell hole.

"Number thirteen!" A sing-song voice was heard from behind the closed door, footsteps becoming louder and louder as the person advanced closer. "Thirteen!" The voice was louder, echoing throughout the room. The child gulped, knowing immediately who the owner of the voice was. Quickly throwing her legs over the ledge, she jumped.

However, a hand latched onto hers, ceasing her fall. "THIRTEEN!" Yanking her up, the male growled, anger thunderously flashing in his eyes. "How dare you try to escape?! And just when we have a surprise for you!"

Eyebrows furrowed, the child glanced at the assistant master of the dark guild that held her captive.

"W-What?" perplexed the dark-haired child.

A malicious grin spread across his face, and the child's eyes widened. His grip on her tightened, and she was dragged out of the isolated room and into another room that she was forced to visit frequently.

The male dragged her to the medical bed in the middle, ignoring her cries and pleas as he strapped her in. "Please stop! I promise I won't escape again! Please!"

Another male, one with crazy green hair and coal-black eyes, stared at her with the same grin the other male wore. He held a syringe filled with a strange purple liquid, one that had the child panicking. The child began to thrash around in the ropes that held her down, feeling them dig into her skin, but that was the least of her worries. The older males glanced at each other with one more look before the male that brought her held down the girl, and the other male injected her with the liquid.

Pain seared through the child's abdomen like a branding iron, her mind screaming out as the pain drove through her entire body. Every thought she just had disappeared as the burning pain licked up her back like a scorching fire. The only thought she had was how she felt like she was finally going to die.

This was it.

Her body stopped, shutting down. She fell limp on the medical bed they stole, her skin slowly becoming pale, well, paler than usual. The insane males in the room looked at each other with deflated expressions. 

They thought they were getting somewhere, but the child proved useless to them. That was until her eyes snapped open, frozen over like the surface of a winter puddle, robbing them of any warmth. She's in there; they knew it, but it was like she just took a huge step back from life and a small purple light flashed in them, one that was only slightly noticeable by the human eyes.

A purple shadow began to ooze off of her. It filled the room with a dark lavender glow. The adult males gasped in shock and awe. The chemical had worked.

It worked!

A broad grin spread across their faces, their eyes lighting up. They brightened, clasping hands and jumping around. Something finally happened, even though they had no idea what the fuck it was.

As they celebrated, they failed to notice the shadow beginning to bundle together, taking the form of a monster. It charged after the males, engulfing them and destroying them from the inside out. Their screams rang throughout the room, an alarm blaring throughout the guild after the first male pressed down on a red button they had in the room. More people ran inside, magic and weapons ready. But the monster only grinned sadistically as it killed more and more people, chasing after those that ran.

The child could hear people around her, screaming and shouting. But she didn't care. She was glad to listen to them beg and plead for their deaths, the same way she had countless times. The child rose to a sitting position, the restraints on her arms and legs perishing. Her power was fueled by the pain and anger she felt. She was experimented on, forced to be injected with liquids that they had no knowledge of. She was a toy to them. And now they were going to be punished.

The dark-haired girl walked through the worn-down guild. Her translucent monster killed those that she had never seen before, while those she recognised were forced to have their own personal hell replayed through their mind constantly. Her purple mist grew darker and darker with each step she took, becoming larger and larger behind her. It attacked every human it saw, not caring if they were innocent or not. Its master wanted blood, and it would gladly give it to her.

The doors to the master's office were blown open, the buff male at the desk felt his eyes widen at the sight of the child that stood with a shadow-like beast behind her. Her eyes flashed a blazing purple as she extended her arm and released her fist, facing her right palm towards him.

"Kill."

The monster lunged at the master, who let out a scream as he felt his organs begin to deteriorate. The shadow entered his body and started ripping up his insides. The child walked closer, watching with an emotionless expression as the man fell to his knees. The shadow gathered around his heart, squeezing tightly, resulting in him gasping in pain.

She didn't flinch when her monster jerked out of him, his heart in its grip, blood thrashing all over the room. The child used her hand to wipe away the blood that got onto her cheek. She watched as her beast unmanifested; its job was done. Now all that was left was the mist that swirled around her fingertips and the blood that pooled around the dead man's body and heart.

A sigh escaped her lips as she looked down at her hands. "What now?"