004 | continuation

and i oop—

FAIRY TAIL'S GUILD members all stood on the dock, bidding their farewells and good luck to the various family members heading off to Tenrou Island to either achieve or help the others achieve their new S-Class promotion

"Do you have to leave?" Amethyst whined, latching onto Gajeel's leg, her tiny fingers clutching the fabric of his pants.

And fuck, if she had begged him to stay, Gajeel would definitely do it in a heartbeat. He'd drop everything to spend a few hours with the hyperactive kid who sought out adventure at every waking moment.

"Yes, sweetie," Levy answered, crouching down beside her little soulmate, reaching forward to brush back a strand of her hair. "This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and we're going to take it!"

Big doe eyes stared up at them, moistening with tears. "Can't I come with you?"

"I'm afraid not."

Their heads turned to Erza, who walked up to the trio, noticing how they were the only ones not yet ready to depart. Well, that was simply due to their clingy soulmate, who had major attachment and abandonment issues.

( cough cough, that you? )

"This isn't a place for kids."

"Unfair!" Amethyst crossed her arms, pouting petulantly. "I can participate, too! I wanna be an S-Class mage as well!"

Erza laughed softly. "I'm sure you'll be the best S-Class mage out there." Levy and Gajeel straightened themselves, allowing Erza to take their spot. She crouched in front of Amethyst, ever the one to feel so possessive over the beautiful, innocent child. "And one day, when you're older, I'll battle you on, and we'll see who reigns as the victor, hm? How does that sound?"

A plethora of sparkles glistened in purple eyes.

Amethyst latched onto her hand, shaking it profusely with what little grip she had.

"Deal!"

Amethyst never got to fight her.

Nor did she ever get to cuddle with Gajeel.

Nor did she see Levy come back with the reward of the opportunity they took.

──────〔🦋〕──────

"I want two hundred milkshakes when you're back!" Amethyst demanded, staring up at Mira, who sweatdropped. Their blond soulmate was nowhere in sight, not after his whole shit show a year back. Amethyst, still so young, was led to believe he was on holiday, and she whined over how much she missed Laxus constantly.

But she was not as dumb as they thought.

Amethyst understood that what he had done, turning their female guild members into stone and forcing the others to battle it out to weed the weaker links, as he had vaguely put it, was horrible. She could see the rage and disappointment in many of her family's eyes.