seventy-one

Tony Stark placed his arm in front of Audelia, blocking her from the mangled metal figure across the room

Tony Stark placed his arm in front of Audelia, blocking her from the mangled metal figure across the room. Audelia placed her hand on Tony's shoulder, squeezing it tightly as she looked around at the team before looking back to the figure across the room.

"Stark," Steve muttered under his breath, shooting a look over to Deli and Tony before the machine spoke once more.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep," he moved his hand through the air. "Or...I was a dream."

"Reboot the legionnaire," Deli whispered to Tony as he fiddled with the device on his wrist, shaking his head.

"I'm trying, it says there's no buggy suits,"

"There was a terrible noise...and I was tangled in... in...strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy,"

"You killed someone?"

Deli's voice rang out through the quiet room as Steve took a step forward toward the bot. Audelia looked backward toward Nathan, motioning for him to get Dr. Cho and get out of the room. He shook his head defiantly, moving closer to the woman as the bot spoke again.

"Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world we're faced with ugly choices-"

"Who sent you?" Thor bellowed, the entire room on edge as a familiar voice recording played out of the bot.

"I see a suit of armor around the world..."

Tony's face dropped as he turned slightly, seeing Audelia take a step away from him as everything caught up with her. She looked him in the eyes, disappointment clear in them.

"Ultron," Bruce said in disbelief.

"In the flesh. Or, no, not yet. Not this...chrysalis. But I'm ready. I'm on a mission,"

"What mission?" Natasha questioned Ultron.

"Peace in our time,"

The glass walls by the elevators smashed to pieces, Iron Legion bots flying out into the room. Tony's hands flew out to Audelia, throwing her down onto the floor to protect her as a stray piece of debris hit him, knocking him a few feet back from his girlfriend as she groaned, quickly picking herself up off the floor just in time to see Steve get knocked back by a table.

"Deli!" Maria Hill called out, catching the woman's attention as she grabbed the spare gun under the coffee table, tossing it to the woman as she continued to shoot at the bots in the air. Audelia caught the gun in her hand, cocking it as she turned firing toward the two bots advancing on Nathan and Dr. Cho.

"Get out of here!" She called out to them desperately, leaning back and away from the shot of one of the bots.

"No!" Nathan shot back defiantly, grabbing onto a broken piece of a table on the floor and readying it in his hands, thrusting it through one of the stray bots as Dr. Cho cowered behind him. "Get to the scepter!"