Entry 002 - Revenge

Revenge is a confusing thing. I believe many understand that revenge for something silly isn't beneficial.

For example, if someone messes up your order, you wouldn't splatter food all over them or embarrass them. You would simply tell them and boom! Problem solved! You get your order fixed and possibly some of your money or a different reward in turn. I wouldn't say that's revenge. It's just doing what's right in a civilized way.

The way mentioned before could be considered revenge due to the person's quick to anger personality and wanting to make the other pay for what they had done.

This type of revenge is easily dismissed as straight wrong or unnecessary, but what about Avery's case?

Someone wiped her out and planted a bomb in her own home.

An innocent scientist who just wanted to make the world better. A young, innocent female, who just wanted to live life.

Just how wrong is that?

It's not.

The media and her family believes she's dead. They had to go through so much pain because of it, and she gets to live through that in secrecy.

No, she doesn't get to, in fact, she's forced to suffer for their shedded tears.

The need to go back to them is almost overwhelming, but she knows she can't. They won't be able to handle her coming back from the dead, or the way she appears now, or what she even does for a living. They won't accept it, they won't accept her. They won't accept...

Me.

And her work. So much of it was gone. Sure she can start all over again and use the knowledge she gained over studying, but compare it to art.

If someone destroyed a piece you loved and said "Oh, but you can just make it again", how would you feel?

Your time and energy are important. You would hate for it to be wasted. And when you try to do the art again in the exact same way, something feels off.

You already did it, so each stroke of the brush feels imperfect.

That's how it was when she was recovering the lost data. There was no exhilarating feeling with each new number.

Everything was the same and you had already improved your work, so you will never get that feeling back.

So... why not punish that person? The person who made you and your family's life a mess. Killed you, destroyed your work, and forced you to feel all of these conflicting emotions.

Would that be considered revenge?
Or would it be justice?

-Signed, Digit