19 | unstable

Warning: this chapter contains the usage of drugs. Read at your own risk.

•••

James was back. He had gone to his grandparents' house in Illinois and Arabella had gone with him. Both of Arabella's parents were out of town and she was alone, hence the reason for the invitation, according to James.

Eliza opened the door and James stood there with his eyes on his phone. She was happy to see him back and went to hug him but instead, he stalked past her to enter the house.

"Is your Dad home?" he asked, still busy on his phone.

"No," Eliza answered, confused at his actions.

"Good." He walked forward and closed the door with a slam.

"What's wrong with you?" Eliza questioned, surprised by his reaction.

"Let's go to your room. I'm frustrated and I need to do something other than talk." He brushed past her and climbed the stairs quickly to her room. She followed him.

As soon as she stepped inside, James grabbed her by her waist and with his other hand, locked the door shut. He pressed his lips to hers quickly and harshly which didn't go well with her. She needed him to calm down before he proceeded any further.

"James..." Eliza said against his lips. "Please slow down."

"Shut up and just kiss me."

She was taken aback by his rudeness and didn't want to follow his orders anymore. She opened her mouth to say something but James' lips travelled down to her neck and he bit her. She froze.

Eliza pushed him away and he stumbled a little before standing straight.

She could now smell the booze on him; he was drunk. She looked at his eyes and the redness in them confirmed her doubt.

"Are you drunk? It's not even 9 am!" she shouted.

He smirked before stepping closer and pulling her by her waist. She fell on his chest and he stumbled as he fell on her bed with her on top.

"James..." She struggled to get out of his grip but he held her tighter as he lifted his head to capture her lips again. She evaded him.

"James, what the fuck?" she shrieked and he looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Did you just swear at me, Eliza?" he said. "Coz that's hot."

She tried to wriggle away from his grip but he wouldn't let go of her.

"Let me go, James. You are drunk!"

"C'mon Eliza. It's been a long time since we fucked. Let me taste you, please," he whispered, rolling her over so that he was above her. She could feel him harden between her thighs.

"I'm not going to have sex with you, James. You're drunk like hell," she denied his request, sternly.

"C'mon babe, let me please you."

"No."

James must have understood the seriousness in her voice for he let go of her and rolled to his side.

"Fine," he huffed.

Eliza stared at him as he closed his eyes. She suddenly felt upset with his actions and wanted to know the reason behind the sudden intrusion.

"You didn't call," she said.

"I forgot," he answered, turning to his left to face her. He nuzzled his face on the crook of her neck. One of his arms went around her to surround her waist and he brought her closer to him.