CHAPTER 16

John's P.O.V

I was so hungry and so tired. I was awoken by a bright light which shined onto my face. I squinted when I saw the light.

"Hello Mr Lennon," Said a voice.

I tried to get up to get a better view of who spoke but I was unable to. My arms and legs were tied to a chair.

"Who are you?" I asked, still trying to free myself from the ropes around my wrists and ankles. "How do you know my name?" I was starting to become worried.

"I'm the head of the department of DNA research," He said calmly.

"What do you want from me?!" I yelled annoyed.

"You're John Lennon," He said.

"Yes, I know that!" I said annoyed.

"You have the same DNA as him," He said.

"Yes, because I am him!" I said angrily.

"You are ordered to tell us everything!" He said.

"Huh?"

"I said, you need to tell us everything! How did you come back to life in a young form?" He answered.

I didn't answer. I ain't telling this jerk nothing!

"Didn't you hear me?! Answer me!" He shouted slapping my face.

"No one touches me!" I yelled squeezing my teeth, trying to untangle myself. "Let me free! I need to find Paul!" I yelled.

I kicked my legs around violently to try and loosen them from the ropes. I can't believe it! I managed to let one of my legs free! I kicked him in his knee and he screamed from shock. He grabbed my ankle and moved it back to the chair leg. Damn!

"Don't you ever do that again! Now, who's this Paul your talking about?" He asked, "Paul McCartney?"

"Nah, Paul Simon," I said sarcastically, "Yes, Paul McCartney," I rolled my eyes, "Do you have food?"

"Oh my God! Paul McCartney? As in, the old Paul?" His eyes widened as he analysed me.

"Old Paul? The only Paul I know is 15yrs old and my best mate. Do you have food?"

"15yrs old?? Don't you mean 78?" He looked at me suspiciously.

"No, when I say 15yrs old I mean 15yrs old." I said. "Do you have food?"

"If he is 15, then you would be..." He flipped through some documents, "16 yrs old."

"Congratulations Sherlock Holmes, you solved the puzzle. Great job!" I said sarcastically, "But I'm serious, do you have food? I'm really hungry, y'know."

He looked up from the papers. "Your really hungry, aye?" A devilish grin formed on his face.

"Yeah, y'know I haven't eaten in a day," I said. When I thought of food, my stomach grumbled.

"First you gotta answer some questions," He insisted.

I didn't say anything. My mind was on too many things. Where was Paul? Was he alright? Where was Lucy? Was she alright? Did they find the gem? Where the heck am I?

"Tell me everything!" He blurted out.

"Excuse me?!" I said.

"Yeah, you heard me right! Tell me everything," He shouted.

My expression looked all calm and collected but in my mind I was smashing this guy against the wall and blurting out curse words at him.

"Hello?" He said, knocking on my head. "Anybody home? I asked a question, why don't you answer it?!"

"Get away from me, weirdo!" I yelled moving my head away from his hand.

"Answer me! How'd you get here?" He yelled.

I remembered what Lucy told me, I can't reveal my identity or how I got here, it's very dangerous if I do because I'm meant to be famous and apparently dead! I just looked at him.

"What are you, a nut? Answer me!" He shouted.

"Don't be too hard on him, Jim," I heard another voice say.

"Why not, Paul?!" He yelled annoyed.

Paul? Was Paul here? I opened my eyes wider to see Paul... Paul wasn't here! All I saw was some old guy standing at the door.

"Leave Jim now, please," He ordered.

The guy, which I assumed his name was Jim, got up and walked out the door.

"Hello," Said the other old guy.

"Hello."

"Do you know who I am?" He asked.

"No," I answered.

"You know me, though," He chuckled.

What was he on about? I didn't know who he was!

"Look, I just told you, I don't know who you are!" I said annoyed.

He shook his head and spoke, "I remember when you used to be like that."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"You know Paul McCartney, right?" He asked.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

He opened his arms wide and spoke, "Your talking to him!"

"You can't be him," I said, confused.

"Do you know what year your in?" He asked.

"No."

"Your in 2020," He said.

"Oh yeah, that's right. Time travel," I mumbled.

"What was that?" He asked.

"Nothing," I said.

He grabbed a chair which Jim was sitting on and sat across from me. He just stared at me, trying to take in everything.

"How old are you?" He asked.

"16," I answered quietly.

"How'd you get here?"

"I'm not telling you," I answered, smiling.

"Damn, you haven't changed a bit," He chuckled, "You're exactly how you were in the good ol' days!"

I gave a painful smile and wondered, when will Lucy and Paul come and find me?