Chapter 29 •

:(

"It's you

"It's you. It's about you"

And I probably look like someone who got hit by a rock. My head went back a little as if someone actually did hit me with a rock.

"W-what?" Sean give me a look like he knows.

"He told you didn't he?" My eyes start to water. It can't be. It can't.

"S-sean" I shake my head trying to tell him to drop it. Claire looks at us confused.

"W-what did you say when he told you? What did he say? Stella?" If i'm the reason he's missing, If i'm the reason he relapsed, If i'm the reason he isn't answering to anyone.. What the fuck, Stella Rose?

"I just- He- He told me what he did in Florida, and why he is who he is now, and I didn't say anything" Claire now doesn't look confused. She has this terrifying look in her eye.

"You didn't say anything? God, Stella, he's in love with you, and he told you his secret! And you did nothing about it?" My eyes widen scared. How did this all go to me?

"Look, i'm sorry! I didn't know what to say or how to react" Claire's puffy face and eyes are staring me down, and I look over to my mom hoping for help. She puts her hand on my hand for a second before letting go and standing up.

"Look, Claire, I know everything is bad right now, and you don't have answers but it really isn't necessary to blame my daughter for this. We are all in the blame for this" Claire squints at my mom, but before she could say anything else the doorbell rings.

Claire lets out a huff and walks to the door. We all follow wondering who is at the door silently hoping it's Christopher.

Claire opens up the door revealing two police officers.

Oh god.

The first officer sees us all and gives us a small smile while the other one stands slightly behind him and stays silent with a solid look.

The first one takes in a deep breath and speaks

"Which one of you are the guardian of Christopher Andrews?" I bite my lip nervously and being my hand to my hair slightly tugging.

"Yes, I am his mother"

The officer looks down for a moment then the second one speaks up.

"Christopher Andrews was in an accident" I suck in a deep breath as a tear falls from my eye onto the carpet. I tug harder on my hair.

"What? Is he okay?" Both of them look down. Oh my god.

"We're sorry Mrs. Andrews. He was intoxicated, and we're guessing he was trying to avoid hitting an animal and hit a tree" My hand flies up to my mouth as i register what he just said.

He's gone.

Christopher is gone.

I turn to face my mom with tears in my eyes and she comes to me and hugs me. My arms are stuck to my side as I blankly stare at the wall infront of me.

He can't be gone.

He can't.

I feel my mothers arms come off of me and I have to force myself to stay up and not fall to my knees.

I wipe my eyes and hear what so never thought I'd hear.

"Christopher Andrews' body was found at 9am. We were now just allowed to release-.." Everything else he was saying was blocked out by Claire's yelling.

My mom goes up to her truing to calm her down as Sean is stuck in place. His face is blank not showing any tears. Just, blank.

"No! No, let go of me, Loren!" My mom backs away from Claire and Claire turns to me with this wild look in her eyes. Worse than before.

"It's your fault. It's your fucking fault he's dead"

"W-what?" suddenly it feels like a ball is stuck in my throat. I can't swallow, I can't talk, I can't move, I can't breathe. The only thing I can do is stand there as my tears fall.

"He cared about you, and you didn't give a shit about him. You lead him to this. You lead him to getting drunk and getting behind a wheel"

My mouth falls open trying to breathe, trying to talk, trying to do anything but stand here, but I can't.

It is my fault.

Why didn't I just tell him to stay? That I loved him back? Why didn't I say anything? Why didn't I text? I could've stopped this.

I hear Sean's voice, but I can't make out what he said because I get pulled away.

My moms pulling me away. Passed the two police officers who say something to us, but I can't hear it.

My mom opens up the car door, and I get in.

I bring my knees to my chest trying to take in a deep breath, but the only thing that comes out is a sob.

"H-he's dead, mom, and I-it's my f-fault" I know my mom says something but I can't hear her over my sobbing.

I feel like I can feel my heart breaking piece by piece. I'm the reason he did this. I'm the reason. Even if i'm not the reason, i'm a reason. A reason leading up to his death.

Even if you end up thinking the worst, things can be worse, but this? This is hell.