chapter 19 •

I kind of just stand there

I kind of just stand there. Not knowing what to do.

His lips are still pressed to mine, and I feel him starting to pull away.

I don't know what possessed me to do this, but i kissed him back. I don't know why, but I did. He kissed me back with more force. It's like he is taking out his anger in this kiss. I should do that too. It seems like a good idea.

I kiss him back keeping up with his pace. I wonder if there are any random people watching us. Christopher's hand on my waist, and mine wrapped around his shoulders. What would Milo think? I push the thoughts away and focus on him.

I like the feeling I get when we kiss. It's different. It's like what those people talk about. Fireworks? But it's not fireworks it's something different.

I don't get this feeling like i do when I kiss Carter. I just like kissing him. I don't get any feelings; it's just two people kissing. Wait. Carter. Carter!

I pull away from the kiss then from Christopher. I can't believe I just did that.

I look at him with my mouth slightly open breathing more heavy.

"We.. don't tell anyone" I say breathlessly. Christopher just runs his hand through his hair like what he always does. I give him one last look and take off. I start speed walking away. I know I probably look like a potato on a stick... but I need to get out of that... environment.

I can't believe I just cheated on Carter. I always told myself I would never do that to a person. What the hell is wrong with me? When did I become this person? I'm ashamed.

I go to the nearest bathroom and look at myself in the mirror.

"Why" I sigh and pat my hair down. My lips look slightly swollen. Shit. I put on chapstick.. probably won't help but oh well.

I leave the bathroom and rush to the library not wanting to see anyone.

I pass by Mr. R and Milo and just sit at my table. I can't believe I just did that. I need to end it with Carter and hope he doesn't ask why.

Milo comes up to me and I look up. Before he starts talking, I do.

"I'm breaking up with him, Today"

•~•~•

I finally find Carter at the end of the day in the cafeteria talking to some guys. None of which are Christopher. Stop thinking about him! I'll try.

"Hey" At the sound of my voice Carter turns around and gives me a smile.

"Can we talk?" He nods and pulls me to an empty spot in the cafeteria. The cafeteria gets quieter as people leave to go home.

"So uhm, I hope your day was good, and I uh.." I can't really find the words to say this.. Carter speaks up breaking my thinking.

"I know you came here to break up with me, so just so I won't feel like a loser i'll break up with you first... so we're breaking up" wait.. WHAT

"Wait, what? huh?!" I sputter out. Carter just gives me a smile looking amused.

"I heard you on the phone" He just have seen my confused face and went on.

"The other day when we went to Chris' house. I was calling you nonstop... i called you answered, well I don't think you meant to, but I heard you talking to someone and kind of yelled out that you didn't like me. Kind of harsh, but i'm okay with it" Wait, i'm still confused...

My phone starts buzzing and I check it. Carter pops up on the screen and I quickly push decline.

Damn it, I must have pushed Accept, but why is he so chill about it?

"Ohhhhh, but why are you, like fine about it?" Carter laughs and pats my head. I squint my eyes.

"I wasn't really planning on telling you this, but why not? After i heard your little confession, I got mad, went to a bar, figured out that I probably didn't like you, but knew that you were hot, sooo I might have cheated on you with some girl. Then I got sober and was actually cool about it" My jaw is actually hanging on the ground right now

I'm not sure if that makes him an asshole or not, but I really can't blame him, I just cheated on him also. He doesn't need to know that.

"Oh" I nod my head and look away. Carter hums.

"Well, It was fun. You are hella fun to be around and that kissing, hmm yes! Well bye Babe" Why did I date him again? Oh! Right! I don't fucking know.

Well guess who's single! Me! Not sure if that's bad or good...

I get out my phone and dial Milo's number. He picks up on the second ring.

"You need a ride?" His voice booms through the phone.

"Ugh, actually I do.." Carter has been giving me rides for the past couple weeks. "And guess what" I say excitedly and start leaving the school.

"What? It better be good"

"Oh, it is" I say and walk outside and head where his car is usually parked. I would take my car, but... I have no explanation but that i'm lazy.

"We broke up!" I practically yell. Some people stopped and turned. I feel my face get flustered and I look down. Walk, walk, walk

"WHAT?!" I laugh and see his car. I knock on the passenger side window. Milo unlocks the doors and I hop in. I end the call and look over to him.

"We broke up" I told him about everything even the Christopher thing because i didn't earlier.

"Wait so did you tell him that you made out with Chris?"

"Hell no, he doesn't need to know that, but i'm single now, never felt better" I breathe in and out. This is what single smells like... Milo's car.