chapter 2 •

I open the doors to the best place ever

I open the doors to the best place ever. Not only is it quiet, empty, and just contains everything you may need.. it gets you away from any social interaction!

The library

Yeah, even though it may be inside this hell hole it's the best thing ever.

I come here 2nd period, lunch, and last period. 2nd and last I have electives, so I just come in here and during study hall which is during 4th and 5th. I usually come here with Milo, but he got "sick" during half the day and left.

If you're wondering if the librarian ever gets mad that I'm here all the time.. well, some may say, probably not him, that we're practically best friends.

Anyways I walk past the front desk and ring the bell. Mr. R comes out and smiles at me. Okay he didn't smile. He groaned

"Why hello, Stella." Mr. R sighs. Meet Mr. R. I call him Mr. R because it's easier than saying his actual last name.

"Where's your partner in crime?" He asks not really interested as he sits down and starts typing on the computer.

"He left last period because he is quote on quote sick" I say and shrug.

Anyways R is in his late 20s and he's pretty good looking. So ladies come on down. But if you're cool with him working as a high school librarian. He sighs and rubs his eyes.

"Stressed?" I ask and bend over the table to grab a grape out of his bag. R catches me and rolls his eyes.

"Yes, because this same little girl and little boy, likes to come into the library multiple times a day because of the simple reason that they're obsessed with me." Mr. R smiles and grabs his grapes as I gasp

"Not true!" I huff and he laughs and throws a grape at me. I catch it before it hits me and I smirk

"Caught it, R" I plop it in my mouth and walk away from him and to a table.

I pull out my phone and earbuds and put Taylor Swift on shuffle. I just love her.

Also it may seem as if he doesn't enjoy my company, but i know he does. I smile to myself and grab my math homework. I guess i better get this done.

•~•~•

"Finally" i sigh and put my homework neatly into my folder and slide it into my bag. I think back to the day and i smile when i come to the conclusion i don't have any more work.

I like to make sure that all my work is done and that it's perfect. I actually care about my grades. I would never fail just to make my rep look better. It's just not worth it. I would rather have a life. When you're living on the street, and i'm sitting on my couch in front of my 75 inch flat screen T.V let's see who's laughing at the nerd now.

I walk up from my table, yes i do call it mine, none who dare will sit there.. Well, it's mine and Milo's. Oh and especially because no one comes to the library. I bet half of these kids don't even know that we have a library.

I walk up to the counter and see Mr. R in the back room. I make the tssk sound and shake my head. Mr. R pops his head out and sighs.

"God, Stella. I thought you were Perkins" He rubs his temples and i laugh. Mr. Perkins is the principal. I know R is scared of him. Mr. Perkins is in his late 50s. He's not really intimidating, but i guess since Mr. R works for him he has to be scared of him.

"Well, maybe if you would do your job and not just spin in that chair you wouldn't be so scared" i laugh and R rolls his eyes.

"You know maybe i should just do nothing. He would come in here and i would get fired and i would not have to see you 4 times a day" i gasp and put my hand to my heart.

"Low blow, R. Low blow" I quickly try to think of something sad so it will look like i'm about to cry. Sick animals, sick animals, sick animals. My eyes get watery and i get into the act. A tear slips out of my eye and Mr. R's eyes grow wide.

"Stella? Stella i'm sorry. I do enjoy your company and maybe Milo, but I like you better than Milo. Don't tell him that." he quickly scrambles out. Oh, I am 100% telling Milo that. I also knows that he doesn't like when people cry because he doesn't know what to do. Okay, now i sound like a stalker.

I smile and wipe under my eyes. Thank god i don't wear makeup. "I know" i say happily and he rolls his eyes registering what i did.

"Go.... be alone over there" he waves his hands around then points to my table and i shrug and go over there and sit down.

See, i told y'all he enjoyed my company.