chapter 22 •

My mouth falls open

My mouth falls open.

Christopher's eyes go wide.

"uh, uhh, wha- what?" And in the matter of seconds I forget the english language.

"Fuck, shit, fucking shit" He mutters and I feel like i'm about to fall. What the hell did he just say?

You know what he said, idiot

oh shut up

He can't be in love with me. He hates me! He thinks i'm an annoying brat. We get into fights every other day, i dated his best friend for no reason, i kissed him multiple times, he's kissed me multiple times out of anger. He doesn't like me?

"Bullshit" he turns to me and stares at me

"What?" He walks up to me.

"You're not in love with me. There's no way" There is actually no way. He can't be. That fucking liar.

"What the hell, Stella? You fucking forced it out of me and now you're calling me a liar?" I sort of feel bad now, but i need to know the truth

"Prove it then" He tugs on his hair and looks at me.

"How the fuck am I supposed to do that? What do you want me to say? I tried so hard to push you away, so I won't feel this shit with you but you kept coming back and back. Ever sense I moved here and our parents became friends I liked you. I, just, can't like anyone. I don't deserve to. Especially after what happened, I don't- i don't deserve half the shit i have. I don't deserve to love someone like you. You're good, you're amazing. You can't have me, but i'm so selfish I couldn't let you have Carter either. I physically can't let you be happy if it isn't with me. I know that's fucked up, but I don't fucking care" I try and refrain from making my mouth fall open.

Does he actually think that about me? I mean he can't just make it up. I mean why think otherwise? All the kisses we shared, all the things we've done, you don't just do that shit with a random person.

I want to know why he thinks he can't have me, why he thinks i'm too good for him, why he thinks he doesn't deserve anyone.

I walk up to him and stop his pacing again.

"Can you tell me what happened before you moved here" He stops and stares in my eyes. I thought I had him, but he looks away and shakes his head.

"I can't" He mumbles and walks down the stairs. What? He can't just leave like that

I follow after him, but I bump into my mom on the way.

"Oh, Stella! There you are. We're about to leave" Panic sets in. I need to stay here, so I can talk to him.

I need to tell him how I feel. I'm not sure how I feel, but i think i'll figure it out when i'm looking at him. When i'm looking into his beautiful blue eyes that i melt into every time i look in them. The same eyes that look at me like i'm special, the same eyes that shows broken behind them, the same eyes that hold his secrets that i'm determined to find out. He needs to let them out and forgive himself. I don't know what he did, but it can't be that bad that he holds back his life for.

"You didn't even want to come. Why do you want to stay?" She questions me and i awkwardly scratch my head thinking of an excuse.

"I just need to talk to Christopher" I decide to go with the truth because i'm a terrible liar with my parents.

"I guess we can stay a little longer" My dad cuts in and I give him a thankful smile. My mom sighs and agrees and I mentally cheer.

"Thank you" I say and go to the kitchen and look for him.

He's not in there, so i check the other rooms. He's not in the living room, the dining room, or in the bathroom.

I swear he went downstairs. His room is upstairs, and I didn't see him go upstairs either.

"Where the hell is he?" I mutter to myself and hear the parents talking in the kitchen. Very loud if i have to say.

"So what's going on with Chris and Stella?" Claire says and i walk closer. There is nothing going on with us... at the moment.

"I don't know she seemed very urgent to stay and talk to him" My mother says. Wow she's exposing me now

"Hmm, do you think maybe... nevermind" If she's trying to say that we.... nevermind

"No she just broke up with Carter" Okay i'm done listening to this.

"I don't think Chris would let himself date her" and that made me stay. Why? Do my parents know what happened?

"Yes, has he still been doing good with the drinking?" My father asks. Drinking? I knew he didn't, but i didn't think anything of it.

"Yes he hasn't since the last time" Claire says. These unanswered statements are making me crazy. I decide  to actually leave to find him before i go even more crazy.

Where the fuck is this boy?

I search the whole house even upstairs and he isn't anywhere.

I sigh and fall on the couch. I close my eyes and rub my temple. This is stressing me out. He can't just say that he's in love with me, then leave. That's not how it works. Well, I don't know how much works, but I don't think that's how it works.

I take in a deep breath and let it out. Okay, we'll find him. He couldn't have gone far.

I stand up from the couch and something catches my eye. Blond hair. I walk to the window that shows the backyard.

You idiot he's outside. Shut up

I walk to the backdoor and open it not waiting for my thoughts to stop me.

The sound of the door opening and closing catches his attention and he turns around. He sees me and sighs.

"Stella, please go inside" Ha, no

I ignore his plea, and walk to him. He is sitting on the edge of the patio where it meets the grass.

"Christopher you have to talk to me. Please tell me" I place my hand on his knee, and he stares at it.

"Tell you what?" I grab his chin, and force him to look at me.

"Everything"