chapter 8 •

"Oh, uhm

"Oh, uhm.. hey, C-Chris" I give him one of those awkward two finger waves and briefly smile.

He gets up from his bed and walks to me. "Hey" he says and snatchs my bowl of chips. What? How dare he?

"Hey!"

"Hey!" He mocks.

"Ha! Very funny" I say sarcasm leaking my voice.

"Oh, Stella-Who-sucks-at-capella, your sarcasm isn't needed" well, that's not nice. I'm amazing at singing.

"Well, if you don't like it then leave" I point to the door.

"It's my room that you barged in for no reason" he smirks and I groan. Dang, I hate it when he's right. I swear he uses my forgetfulness as a advantage.

"Right" I snatch back the chips and walk to the door and open it, well try to. Of course I forgot i locked it. Christopher's laugh is heard throughout the room and I roll my eyes, unlocking the door and leaving.

I can't believe him! He's so stupid. Yeah, I ran out of insults to give him.

A pair of arms wrap around me and I scrunch up my eyebrows.

"Found you, Stella Fella" I think I just barfed.

"Carter, if you don't leave me alone I swear-.."

"Swear you'll kiss me?" I can sense his devious smile.

"Shut up" I push his arms off of me and walk down the stairs fast to try and get away from him. He also annoys me. He is also Christopher's best friend, so that makes him even more annoying to be friends with him. He's like a Chris 2.0. No, he's like the reminisce of Chris! Ha, my rhyming skills are on point today.

"Hey! Stella wait up!"

"No!" I reply and walk into their living room and sit on the couch. Was this a good idea to sit on the couch where Carter can clearly see me? No. But Im hungry and I want to eat my chips.

I munch on my chips as I pull out my phone and scroll through Instagram. Someone plops next to me and I groan.

"Carter, why can't you leave me alon-.. and you're not Carter, hey, Christopher" I awkwardly look down at my chip bowl.

"So, Carter's bothering you?" He laughs and leans back.

"What's it to you?"

"Nothing" he shakes his head and laughs

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing" he laughs again.

"You're so annoying" I roll my eyes and eat another chip.

"No I'm not"

"Yes you are"

"No I'm-.., you know what? I'm not going to argue with you" he pulls out his phone and starts taping on it.

"Whatever" I put my attention back on my phone and scroll through Instagram again. Awkwardness fills the air and I shift uncomfortable. I look over to Christopher and he looks like he isn't affected by the tension in the air. Stupid boy.

He catches me looking at him and gives me a look and I roll my eyes and look away. Okay, what's wrong with him.

"What? Spit it out" he looks over to me and I give him the look. He sighs

"Soooooo, what's going on between you and my brother?" I almost spit out my spit.

"W-What?" I ask bewildered and he eyes me.

"You heard me"

"N-nothing is going on between us. Why does everyone think that? Oh my god. Can't a guy and girl be friends? What the heck?" I ramble, but it's all true. If a guy and a girl get as close as we are, people start assuming things. If 2 girls or 2 guys are like that they just assume it's friendship and nothing more. Why can't it be like that for a girl and a guy? It's so annoying.

"It's not that you both are friends, but you both are really... touchy"

"What do you mean?" I give him a confused look and he arches a brow.

"You know, when you both hug each other a little to long, always side hugging, he always kisses your forehead, just in all really touchy" my mouth opens a gape and I roll my eyes.

"1. We hugged for a long time because he just came home after not seeing him in a long time, 2. Friends hug each other, 3. People... kiss... peoples foreheads?" i honestly don't have an excuse for that last one.

"See this is exactly why-.."

"Why do you care any ways?" I cut him off and raise my eyebrows at him.

"What's it to you?" I roll my eyes

"Nothing, just you asking these questions makes me wonder" I give him the look clearly thinking about our moment two nights ago. Well, if you think about it, Christopher is touchy with me too. Hmm

"Wonder what?" He asks and adverts his eyes. I'm getting a nervous vibe, but that's probably just nothing.

"Nothing" I dismiss the topic because it's not getting me anywhere.

After a few moments of silence he speaks up. "Carter"

"What?"

"Carter" he says louder. Carter, his best friend Carter, his very annoying best friend Carter?

"What about Carter?" I empathize his name to point out that we're talking about Carter and not us. Wait. Did I say us? There is no us. I'm laughing just thinking about the slim possibility, not that there is..

"He likes you, dummy" que the choking on my own spit again.