chapter 9 •

"Bahwhahahehahaha" I start bawling with laughter

"That's the best thing you've said in the years I've known you!!" I start laughing harder again.

"What's so funny?" He lets out a frustrated sigh and eyes me like a crazy person.

"You saying that your obnoxious friend likes me" I laugh again at the slim possibility of that weirdo liking me.

"He does!"

"Yeah, and I'm a turtle" aw, that would be cool if I was. Turtles are amazing!!!!

"Why don't you believe me?"

"Uhm why would I? I mean look at me. I'm not exactly the ideal crush. I'm not the prettiest nor the smartest, wait scratch that, I am the smartest. But that doesn't mean people will fall for me" I laugh at the thought again. Christopher's features turn hard and he turns to me.

"What do you mean? You're the prettiest girl here. You're the person any guy or girl would die for. It's annoying when you downgrade yourself like that. You're perfect as you. Don't let anyone change that" He slumps back on the couch and I let his words sink in.

Does he really think that? That I'm the prettiest one here? That anyone would die for me? That I'm perfect? Nah. I mean it's Christopher. He probably read that somewhere and is using it on me to make me like him! Oh my god, I knew it all along. He is a witch!

"Well, thanks for the inspirational speech, but I really gotta go!" I quickly get up and leave a confused Christopher behind on the couch.

Well, all of that and I haven't even had cake yet.

•~•~•

The cake was good just to let you know.

I mean it was store bought but if any of our parents made it, it wouldn't be edible. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but it wouldn't be.. good. They really aren't that good at baking.

It's 9:30pm and the party ends at 12 so I have 2 and a half hours to do nothing. yay.

I get up to get another slice of cake. Mostly everyone cleared out to go swim again, even though that's bad. You should wait at least 30 minutes after you eat to have pool fun. *shake my head*

I haven't intentionally gone swimming yet. *glares at the side pretending it to be Carter* a grab a piece of cake and sit down at the vacant table and start eating it.

"Hmmmmm" I moan in delight wanting to have this cake everyday.

"Who knew Stella moans when she eats?" A voice is heard behind me and I raise my eyebrow and turn around. Well great.

"Sam" I greet him and he smirks and bows.

"The one and only"

"Hey, douche. Me too" Jason appears behind him and smiles cheekily at me. Is he drunk? Maybe. That is where his name Drunk Jason comes from.