chapter 10 •

I close the door and see Jason and Sam sitting on the floor with their backs pressed against the wall

I close the door and see Jason and Sam sitting on the floor with their backs pressed against the wall. Once I come into view they both perk up and stand up, Jason wobbling

"How'd it go?" Sam is the first to ask. Should I tell them that it went good for me and maybe good for Christopher? No, the best thing to do is lie like a fly.

"It went good" I say smoothly and flat out my hand and wave it across the air for more affect. Yep, smooth.

"Great, let's go tell him it was a prank" Sam says and Jason nods and follows him. My eyes go wide

"What?! No!" I exclaim and walk in front of them.

"Why not?" Jason asks and crosses his arms across his shoulder.

"Because... I already did" I lie.

"Really?!" Sam and Jason say in unison.

"Yes" I say unsure. Come on Stella! Make it sound believable.

"Bet!!, was he pissed?" Sam asks and smiles and runs his hands together.

"Yep" lie.

"Okay, well now I want to see that pissed face" Sam says and try to walk past me. Damn it!

"No! Let's go swimming!?" I say the first thing that comes to my mind. They both stop in their tracks eye me up and down, and shrug.

"Deal" they both start dragging me down the stairs. Dang it, why did I have to say swim?

We get outside and everyone is finishing the burgers Andrew made. Hmm, those sound good right now. I am cut from my thoughts with a tug on my arm. No! My precious burgers! I'll be back

Sam rips off his shirt and Jason does too. "Come on, Stella! Get naked!!" Ugh, stupid hormonal teenagers. Wait, they're like 20. Ugh, stupid hormonal adults.

I take off my shirt and shorts and Sam's whistle is heard. "Shut up" I groan and try to cover up the best I can.

"Well are you just gonna stand there like a flamingo?" I ask and they both advert their eyes. "On three?" They both nod.

"One..."

"Two..."

"Three!!" We all yell and jump in. Water surrounds me as I sink to the bottom of the pool. Not to copy Percy Jackson or anything, but I stay at the bottom of the pool. It's really calm in the water, you know besides the fact that I could randomly drown or forget how to swim, and the water going into my ears and them popping. Yeah, how did Percy do this again?

I swim up to the top and hear a rampage of people running. Shoot. I quickly swim under the waterfall and hide as everyone jumps in and it gives a huge splash.

Yeah, there is a waterfall in this pool. It's actually really cool. I wish we had a pool. Oh well. I sit on the bench thing and just enjoy the peaceful surroundings, you know if you like the sound of a bunch of drunk teenagers yelling.

I hear someone swimming over and I freeze. No! I wanted to be alone! The waterfall spilts in two and a figure comes out. Damn it, I can't see, I'm blind!

"Stella?" The figure speaks.

"No, it's Aaron" I say in a deep voice. Nice, Stella, good one. I mentally pat myself on the back.

"I know it's you, Stella" darn it. I take back that pat.

The figure comes into view and I mentally groan.

"Carter?" I say in a normal voice by the way.

"Yeah, it's me, Stella fella" he smirks and settles beside me. Now, the awkward silence. Yeah, I'll just see my way out.

"Well, bye" I say and push off the seat chair thing but a hand grabs my wrist. "Wait" I really don't want to.

"Okay"

"I need to tell you something" if he says it, I'm going to kill myself.

"I like you" the fake gasp. "I've liked you ever since 9th grade, but I grew out of it, but now since I'm friends with Chris and you are too" ha! "It came back" Okay, where's my knife?

"Oh" I nod. I think I could have a killing job at making people awkward... that'd be the life.

"Oh?" He asks and I see sadness cover his face. Fuck.

"You know, oh like oh! Cool" yeah, I can't make people feel better even if I tried.

"So..." I say after he hasn't responded and-... I swear it ended as fast as it came. He fucking kissed me. I push his shoulders back and try to remember the moments leading up to this. Did I give him mixed signals? I didn't know... what the hell.

"What the hell, Carter?!" I practically scream at him. His eyes widen and he realizes the huge mistake he just made.

"Shit, I'm so sorry, Stella. I don't know what came over me. I'm sorry" he quickly leaves and I'm left alone just like I wanted to be before he came and kissed me.