Chapter 1

~~~~~~~~~~
You are cordially invited to the Grand Hudson Ball on the 24th of April 2019.
Located at the Tarrytown House Estate
Winter Palace Ballroom in Tarrytown, NY.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~

         Angeline couldn't believe her eyes as she read over the invitation in her hand. Only an extremely wealthy person received such an invite, or someone of great importance. So what had she done that made her worthy of such an honor. This must be a mistake she thought. "Why would they send me an invite?" she whispered to herself.

Before she could think any more of it, she heard a knock at her door. She sat the invitation down on her coffee table and went to see who was there. She opened the door and a delivery man was standing thereholding a giant box.

        "Angeline Cummings?" he asked. "That's me." she replied. He then handed her a small clipboard and said, "Please sign by the X." After signing and handing back the clipboard, he handed her the mysterious box.

          She had no idea who it was from or what could be inside. She went back into her living room to see what exactly she was given.

         She ripped the tape off and opened the box flaps. But only to see another box inside. However this one was wrapped in a beautiful red metallic paper. And on top was a note.

Inside the note read...

      "A beautiful lady needs a beautiful dress to wear to the ball. Save me a dance. Your Secret Admirer."

        Angeline was perplexed, who could've possibly sent this? Before she could think about it anymore she opened the red box and saw the most beautiful ball gown she had ever seen.

         It was as red as the paper on the box she lifted it from. She held it at arms length to get a full view. It was made from the smoothest satin she had ever felt. The bodice of the dress sparkled like the night sky full of stars. She then placed it against herself to see what it would look like on her. She caught her reflection in the hallway mirror and started to blush. Who is this mystery person, what do they want from her besides a dance at the ball?

                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       After a few days of debating what to do, Angeline decided she needed to call in for reinforcements.  Amie and Gigi were not only Angeline's best friends, but they always knew just what to do to make her feel better.

       Amie was the logical one, she was always the one to make you think about all the possible scenarios. Amie tended to go with the
safe option. So she hoped Amie would be on her side that it wasn't a good idea to go to the ball. Where as Gigi was a little more light hearted. She was the designated party girl. If there was fun to be had, chances were she was in the middle of it. She knew right away that
Gigi would tell her she needed to go to this event.

       "So who do you think sent you the invitation and this gorgeous dress?" asked Gigi as she held the dress up to herself while slow dancing with it. Angeline replied while giggling at her friend, "I have no clue! Do you think I should go?" In unison, both answered her with an emphatic, "YES!"

       Angeline was very surprised that Amie agreed with Gigi so quickly. They don't normally share the same opinion. But it was settled, without much discussion, Angeline was going to the ball. She was nervous about who she would meet there, but also excited that she could possibly meet her Prince Charming.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      It was the day before the ball, and Angeline was getting anxious. She had never been to such a fancy event before. She was terrified  that she would embarrass herself. As her thoughts drifted from the ball to what she would need to do to get ready for it, she went through her check list once more in her head.

      Gigi and Amie both agreed they would help her get ready. Amie would take care of her hair while Gigi tackled her makeup. She had already found the perfect shoes and some beautiful accessories that complimented her dress. She truly felt like a princess when she tried it all on.

      Her brown hair curled and cascading down her back. Amie had pulled half of it up so Angeline's face could be seen. Gigi had created
a stunning smokey eye that really made Angeline's golden eyes pop, and she wore a red lip that matched the dress perfectly.

       She barely recognized herself in the mirror, a smile crept along her lips and suddenly she felt very excited for the nights event. She  grabbed her purse containing her phone and wallet, she hugged her friends and thanked them for all their help, and was on her way.
Completely unaware of who she would be seeing that evening.