Spencer Reid- Pilot (c)

You grabbed your bag, stuffing your folder into it, having already completed any paperwork that needed to be done before you needed to head through the plane to head home. You unlocked the cockpit door, slinging your bag onto your shoulder, happy to go home until you'd get a late-night phone call to come back and fly to another destination across the country at the drop of a hat.

Normally you were the last one to leave the jet, the actual BAU team having already headed back to their office, their next job or home but this time the normal silence was filled with the quick turning of pages. You peered across the seats to see a mop of hair in one towards the back. You walked past the door that you needed to exit the jet, heading further down to see who was still there. Although you worked for the BAU specifically, you had only met a couple of the team members, usually the first to enter and the last to leave, missing contact with them for the most part.

As you reached the seat, you realised who it was. You had never met him, but you had seen pictures of the team before so knew the man before you were Spencer Reid.

"Can I help you Dr Reid?" You asked.

He looked up from the book that he had been flicking through, far too quickly for any average person to be able to read.

"I didn't realise anyone was still here," he stated.

"I finish up the work before leaving. Let you guys clear out without needing to see me," you shrugged. "Someone will be in in ten minutes to clean up. Might want to shake a leg before then, if it's Jane she might smack you with the duster, she did with me once when I didn't leave before she got here."

He let out a chuckle, closing his book.

"I didn't mean to bother you," he apologised. "I got lost in thought."

"No bother Dr Reid," you smiled warmly. "It's your teams' jet, I just fly it. Try not to stay too long, you spend long enough in this plane, you don't need to spend your free time here."

You turned around, ready to leave but the voice of the man on the plane caught your attention, forcing you to pause.

"I didn't catch your name."

"Captain Y/N."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.