Spencer Reid- Proof (h)

When you were the other half of someone in such a demanding job you quickly learned to take every moment, you could – even if that moment was you being driven mad in worry when you hadn't even had a text.

Luckily for you it was rare that Spencer forgot to text you to let you know he was okay, but unbeknownst to you his team had noticed him texting whenever he had free time.

Spencer had been honest when they had all asked him at different points – he had told them that he was texting his girlfriend, no he would not tell them what you two were talking about and yes you were real.

Earlier that day Spencer had texted you to say he'd meet you at a coffee shop near the bureau so the two of you could have lunch together, you'd readily agreed wanting to spend as much time with him as you could.

You waited outside of the coffee shop, staring down at something on your phone until you heard a whistle in your direction.

"You look even better than you did this morning," Spencer complimented you when he reached you.

You laughed as you welcomed his kiss. "That's surprised considering I was wearing a whole lot of nothing this morning."

He chuckled, intertwining his fingers with yours. "Well, that is my favourite look on you," he joked with a smirk. "But you are beautiful at any time of the day my love."

His words caused a blush to rise to your cheeks as you followed him into the coffee shop.

The two of you stood in the queue, your free arm circled around Spencer's whilst your hand held his, he was smiling down at you as the two of you talked.

What both of you didn't know was that Spencer's team had all, 'coincidentally', decided to go to the same coffee shop for their lunch break.

As they walked in, Derek was the first to notice Spencer and as he did Spencer leant down to press a kiss to the top of your head.

The rest of the team soon realised where Derek was looking, and all their jaws dropped.

"Pretty boy wasn't lying," Derek commented as everyone else agreed with him.

They all watched as you and Spencer collected your drinks in food and made your way to a table over by the window.

"I think we should go and say hi," JJ decided as the team eventually collected their drinks too.

Spencer and you were still oblivious to the presence of the team, wrapped up in your own little bubble.

The two of you looked up from your table as the team finally approached you. "Uh, hey guys," Spencer greeted them sounding confused.

You smiled at all of them, recognising them as members of Spencer's team but not by name.

The blonde smiled at you. "I'm JJ," she introduced herself as she held her hand out to you.

You let go of Spencer's hand in order to shake JJ's. "It's nice to meet you, I'm Y/N, this smart boy's girlfriend."

Spencer chuckled as he smiled at you. "It isn't my fault you guys didn't believe me."

"Oh, they didn't think I existed?" you joked as Spencer chuckled again.

The brunette looked uncomfortable. "It was Derek mainly," she nodded her head to the black man.

The man, who you now knew to be Derek, rolled his eyes as he sipped his drink.

"Come on, pretty boy landing a girl like this?"

"I'll take that as a compliment," you commented as you glanced over at Spencer.

Your boyfriend rolled his eyes. "Well, here's your proof," he stated as he held up your intertwined hands. "And before you say it, yes I am the lucky one."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.