Will LaMontagne- Staightforward (h)

Your relationship with Will was never straightforward – you never knew where you could be going on a case and neither did Will.

There were times when you had no clue if you could handle it anymore and yet Will would be there to convince you that you could.

However, despite everything, you didn't want a straightforward relationship.

Straightforward meant that things were planned, they always went perfectly, nothing ever messed up and it was as easy as breathing.

That's not what a relationship was supposed to be.

In a relationship, you figured things out as you went, you took it day by day, things messed up sometimes but you didn't let that get in your way because you talked through it all.

When people spoke of the type of relationship they wanted, it always sounded like the ones you see in the movies and not the relationships that had already had a reality check.

Those thoughts were usually what ran through your mind after you and Will had a fight, and a lot of the time the fights would be over the most idiotic things but because both of you were so stubborn, they could last for days.

But then again, every so often, you two would have a fight about something that actually meant something.

The previous night, you and Will had gotten into an argument about starting a family.

You wanted children fairly soon, whereas Will was opting to wait for much longer but by that time you felt as if you wouldn't be able to do as much with the children as you wanted to.

It has always been a delicate topic between you both, and you didn't know why because the both of you did want a family together, it was just a matter of when it happened.

For the past two hours, since you had gotten up, you had been sat on the sofa with a book in your hand, just wanting to get your mind off of the fight.

"Darlin'?" you heard Will call out to you from the bottom of the stairs.

You sat up and turned your head so that he could see you looking over the back of the sofa "Yes?" you asked in response, wanting to know if you could talk it all out instead of being stubborn with each other.

Will sighed and walked over to sit down on the sofa, he lifted your legs and placed them on your lap so that you stayed stretched out "I wanna talk" he stated.

You nodded in agreement "You go first then" you told him, placing your book face down on the coffee table so you could pick it up later.

"I didn't mean to upset you, it wasn't my intention" he slowly began to explain himself "I just...after what happened with my Dad, I don't know if I can carry on his legacy and be a good father like he was" he explained as he rubbed small circles on your bare legs.

You reached to intertwine your fingers with Will's, and you smiled over at him, "I understand Will" you stated and he smiled slightly in return "We can wait, if that's what you want" you watched Will's face for his reaction after you spoke.

Will shook his head, and held up a pregnancy test in his hand – the pregnancy test that you thought you had hidden just fine – "I'd rather spend the next nine months being prepared rather than waiting"

~*~

Written by Hannah.