Chapter 27

Chapter 27~

     *RECAP*

He slowly turned around, making my breath catch in my throat. He had the most shocking green eyes in the entire world. The guy was just gorgeous. He was probably about a year younger than me, though. His black hair fell diagonally across his eye, and there was something about his eyes that was a little strange. It was slightly glazed over, as if he was in his own little world.

     Oh, and he had a fucking lip ring.

     “Uh…I’m sorry, but who are you?” he asked, confused. “Uhh…I’m Ashley, Jacob Walker’s daughter,” I replied. “And who are you?” I asked him back.

     “That’s weird. I’m Chris, Jacob Walker’s son,” he replied.

    What. The. Actual. Fuck.

     I stared at him for a few more seconds, disgesting what he said. He was my brother? I had another freaking brother? Whaaaat?! What has this world come to.

     “Are you serious?” I blurted out, still staring at him wide-eyed. He nodded slowly, and outstretched his hand till he reached the chair, and then sat down on it. “We’re…we’re related?” I said softly, watching him like a creeper.

     He finally tore open the cookie box and shoved a cookie in his mouth. “Mmhmm,” he replied, cookie crumbs spraying everywhere. “But how…..?” I said again.

     “We’re not related by blood, if that’s what you’re talking about,” he said after swallowing. That just made me feel even more confused. “I don’t understand,” I stated after a while. He looked at me and smiled a breathtakingly beautiful smile.

     “Jacob is my adoptive father,” he replied simply. My jaw dropped as I stared at Chris in disbelief. My dad didn’t mention that he had a son. Why didn’t he tell me? I didn’t know how to feel. Was I supposed to feel happy about finding out I had a step-brother-ish or should I be mad that no one told me?

      “Are you Jacob’s blood related daughter?” he inquired, stuffing another cookie in his mouth. I nodded slowly, still shocked. “Umm, are you going to reply anytime soon?” he said with a chuckle. I looked at him confused. Whaaat?

     “I nodded,” I said, surprised. “Oh, sorry. I’m..umm…blind, you see,” he said quietly. My eyes grew wider, and my mouth fell even more open if that were possible. As if he noticed how shocked I was, he chuckled softly.

      “What-how?” I stammered. I tried not to be too rude, but I couldn’t help it. I mean, he didn’t seem blind. Well, sure his eyes were slightly glazed over, but I thought it was natural. He smiled sadly and closed his eyes, breathing in deeply.

     “I mean, you don’t have to tell me. I just- never mind. No, it’s okay. You really don’t-“I stuttered. He laughed a little this time, making me smile. His laugh was adorable. He had a perfect set of pearly whites in his mouth.

     “It’s alright. I was born blind, so I guess I’m used to it,” he said, shrugging. Wow, it must really suck being blind. I mean, there’s nothing you can do in life. Well, you can do stuff but…its not the same. My heart went out to Chris.

     “How old are you?” I asked him, trying to hide how sad I felt. “15,” he replied. “Cool. I’m 16. Just turned 16 two weeks ago,” I said, reaching out to take a cookie.

     He smacked my hand away lightly and pulled the cookie box in closer to him. “Hey! I want some too!” I complained. He just snickered and chewed on a cookie obnoxiously. I scowled at him, and watched him relish the chocolate-chip goodness…