Chapter 20

Chapter 20~

     I could feel rays of sunlight hitting my even though my eyes were closed. I opened them sleepily and took a look around my surrounding. What the fuck? I was in some sort of barn or something. Did I…? My heart started to race frantically. No….not again…

     I then realized I had my clothes on, which was a relief. Glancing around, I noticed a sleeping Tyler next to me. Then it all came flooding back. Jeremy the prick, Cole…who was really Elliot, and Tyler and I finally mending ends.

     I calmed down my racing heart, and looked at Tyler. How did I feel about him? Did I like him? Did I like him more than just a ‘like’? Did I love him? Even thinking about the L word made me shudder. I’d never been in love. I barely even knew what it meant…until I met Tyler. Oh my God, I do love him.

     It was so obvious, wasn’t it? Every time Jeremy held me and kissed me, I imagined myself in Tyler’s arms. Every time I passed by Tyler, I had that strange yearning for him in the pits of stomach. It was clearly evident; how come I didn’t notice it before?

     I was probably trying to push it away and make my heart believe my head that I didn’t love him. But yesterday, it was crystal clear. I mean, when Jeremy told me that he told Tyler to leave, I was beyond furious. I doubt I would’ve gotten that angry if I didn’t…love him.

     “Shtof shtaring at meef,” Tyler mumbled into the blanket. I snapped out of staring at him and blushed. I can’t believe he caught me watching him sleep; I’m such a creep. He opened his eyes and smiled sleepily at me.

      Oh my God. His bed hair.

     His hair was sticking up on all directions, making him seem a 100 times sexier, and nearly making my eyes pop out of my sockets. It was all too much for me to handle.

     “Like what you see? I feel violated, Lee. Stop staring at me and making me feel like a piece of meat for your eyes to feed on,” Tyler said, smirking. I snapped back to reality and glared at him defiantly. “Oh please. You look like some run-over dog crap. I was just shocked at how someone human can resemble a hideous mountain troll,” I lied. He chuckled and sat up, stretching his arms. I averted my eyes from watching his muscles ripple. I did NOT want to be caught checking him out again.

     I hopped off of the stack of hay and stretched myself. I had the best sleep I’ve ever had in ages. Either it was the rain that had me deep in an almost coma at night, or it was the feel of Tyler’s warmth against me. It was probably the latter.

     “So, what are we doing today? We have no bike, so whatever the plans are to reach NY, make sure it’s reasonable,” Tyler stated behind me. I sighed and bent down to get out my watch. It was 11:30.

     “Well, if we walk, it would take us eons to get to New York….” I trailed off, half to myself and half to Tyler. I stared thoughtfully at the watch’s second hand ticking away. We could take the train, I thought in my head, though I’m pretty sure neither of us knew where the closest train station is.

     A bus…? “How about we take a bus?” suggested Tyler, voicing my thoughts. I turned around just in time to see him struggling with putting on his shirt. He had put his head through the arm hole, and his arm through the head. He looked pretty demented.

     I burst out laughing at the sight of him struggling. “Ugh. Oi, stop laughing at give me a hand here…OW!” he yelled over at me.

     Still sniggering, I walked over to him and wrenched his head out and stuffed it back inside the proper opening. He slipped his other arm through the right hole and straightened himself up, looking a bit embarrassed. I looked at him amusedly and shook my head.