Chapter 11

Chapter 11~

     Dinner was really awkward. While Jeremy was yapping about his school and the hot girls there, Tyler and I just ate in silence, only half-listening. I don’t know what happened to Tyler. Whenever I pass by him and try to talk to him, he dodges out of the way and goes into his room.

     He’s starting to really piss me off now. What the hell had I done wrong?! I didn’t do anything against him. I didn’t insult him, talk about him, or even annoy him the slightest bit.

     After the confrontation from my shower earlier, Tyler had been this expressionless mute weirdo. I was kind of worried about him, to be honest.

     The next morning I woke up refreshed. It had been ages since I’d slept in an actual bed with a mattress and pillow. It was amazing. I looked at the tiny clock perched on top of the table, which read 9:34 am. Wow, I was up early.

     After I got bored staring at the ceiling, I sat up and stretched my every limb lazily. My eye caught a pile of clothing that was at the end of the bed. I leaned forwards and picked up the yellow note next to it.

     ‘Thought you would need some clothes. Here’s some of my mother’s old clothes she left when she was your age. Hope it fits. –Remy J’ 

     Aw, how thoughtful. I picked up the first item and unfolded it, holding it out to see it. It was a pair of light grey sweatpants, which looked just about my size. I then picked up the baggy t-shirt which had a huge ‘NEWYORK’ across it in bolded letters.

     I smiled and changed quickly into the clothes and checked myself in the full length mirror. Not bad, I thought to myself. The shirt came down to my upper thighs and the sweats were all bunched up at the bottom. Other than the fact that they were two sizes bigger than me, I looked fine.

     But I spoke too soon. As soon as I glanced at myself in the mirror, I gasped in shock. The eyeliner and mascara I applied after my shower last night was smudged all around my eyes, making me have panda eyes.

     I opened the bedroom door and rushed to the bathroom, slamming into someone on the way. “Whoaaa calm down, Ash!” Jeremy exclaimed, chuckling.

     “Sorry,” I mumbled, staring at the ground. I certainly did not want Jeremy to see my morning face and faint at my morning breath.

     He chuckled once more before heading downstairs. I closed the bathroom door and scrubbed my face clean. Then I applied a fresh layer of eyeliner and walked outside. I passed Tyler on the way, who refused to make eye contact with me. Whatever. I could care less.

     I entered the kitchen and was greeted by the smell of bacon and eggs. It smelt heavenly. “’Morning!” Jeremy said, turning back to the stove. “Hey, I didn’t know you cooked,” I said, plopping down on one of the dining chairs.

     “Yeah well there’s a lot you don’t know about me, Ash. We haven’t seen each other in 4 or 5 years,” he replied, smiling widely. I smiled back and stared at the plate in front of me.

     “I see my mother’s clothes fit you kind of well,” Jeremy stated, gesturing to the clothes that clung loosely on my body. “Yeah. Thanks by the way,” I replied.

     Jeremy and I made small talk for a few more minutes and stopped when Tyler came in. “Good morning, Tyler!” Jeremy greeted cheerfully.

     “Morning,” Tyler mumbled groggily. I rolled my eyes and walked over to Jeremy, grabbing a plate of scrambled eggs and placing it on the centre of the table. Tyler helped himself first, and took half of the plate. So much for being a gentleman.