Chapter 7

Chapter 7~

     I awoke from my peaceful slumber; surprised that I didn’t have a nightmare like I usually do. I looked over to Tyler who was sleeping angelically. Noticing his arms still around my waist, I started to unwrap it; suddenly feeling a little claustrophobic.

     His arms tightened around me, pulling me closer. I silently laughed and tried to keep squirming away, but Tyler was strong.

     “Tyler! Can’t. Breathe.”  I choked out, gasping for air. He sighed and released me, making me jump to my feet and run off. I heard his laughter follow me all the way through the camp ground. I grabbed my spare change of clothes and went behind a tree.

     After I was done changing, I walked back and looked up. Tyler wasn’t there. I turned around and had the fright of my life. “TYLER! You scared the living shit out of me!” I exclaimed, swatting his shoulder. He just gave a smirk and walked over to his bag.

     Call me a pervert, but I couldn’t help but stare at his nice body. But since he was facing away, all I could see was his ass. Don’t get me wrong, he has the finest ass I’ve ever seen, but it was a little awkward since it was…Tyler.

     “Lee, stop staring at my ass. I feel self conscious,” Tyler suddenly said without even looking at me. My mouth fell open. How did he know? Does he have eyes at the back of his head or something because that shit was creepy. “Oh and wipe the drool off too,”

     My hand instinctively went up to my mouth and I heard Tyler laugh. I gave him a flat look, “I wasn’t staring, and I wasn’t drooling. First of all, Tyler, give me something to stare and drool about. Your body is pathetic,” I retorted, folding my arms across my chest.

     He murmured something incoherent and slipped on a shirt and jeans. I was already sitting on the bike waiting for him as I watched him brush out his hair and style it and then ruffle it and then style it again. Honestly, I could just watch him do that the entire day since he had sexy hair, but I had to look at reality too.

     “Hey, beauty queen! We’re going to find my father, not entering some beauty contest. Daylight’s burning, come on!” I yelled out over to him. He turned around and flipped that his hair; that sexy work of art.

     Butterflies fluttered around in my stomach and I swear I wanted to get a gun and shoot them down. I’m Ashley Walker. I don’t go swooning over pathetic annoying guys like Tyler. Even though he has nicely shaped abs and amazing hair….wait, what? No.

     I shook my head, trying to get the visuals out of my head. “What’s the matter, Lee? Are you undressing me with your eyes?” Yes.

     “No. Who would try to undress you?” Me.

     Tyler just shrugged and looked inside his bag. He gasped in shock. I, in turn, craned my neck to see what he gasped about “ASHLEY! OH MY GOSH I DON’T BELIEVE YOU!” he shouted, glaring at me in anger.

     I winced, as he reminded me of my father yelling and asked what happened in a small voice. “You ate all the fucking food! That’s what happened!”

     I narrowed my eyes at him and hopped off the bike, marching over to him. I grabbed the bag from his hands and looked inside. He was right. All we had was granola bars, bottles of water, and a chocolate bar. There wasn’t even food in my bag since we decided to put all the food in one bag and all the equipment in another.

     I had the equipment bag, so there was no way we had food in there. “Someone must’ve taken it while we were sleeping,” I suggested.

     “No shit!” exclaimed Tyler, rolling his eyes. “Question is, who?”