8

it's bambam's and yugyeom's first play date and jinyoung can be more excited. he can see the connection to two have and he knows it can last a lifetime if the friendship is nourished. bambam is always talking about yugyeom, claiming the boy is the coolest boy he's ever met, to which jaebeom pretends to be sad until bambam runs over to him.

"why daddy sad?" bambam asks with jaebeom's face in his tiny palms.

"i thought daddy was the coolest boy ever," jaebeom says as he pretends to wipe a tear away.

"daddy cool, but yugyeom cooler," bambam says softly as if it's a harsh truth that he's breaking to his dad.

"well, then i guess i can't wait to meet yugyeom. he sounds pretty amazing."

when theres a knock on the door, jinyoung all but runs to the door i'm excitement for his son's play date.

the moment bambam hears the door open, bambam sprints to the door and gives yugyeom a big hug.

jinyoung and yugyeom's mom speak for a while, while the boys run to go play in bambam's room. jinyoung tells her about how close the boys have gotten, mentioning that have a close friend is really great stabilizer for both of them as they start school, especially for bambam as he's just getting used to life in korea.

"we'll bring yugyeom home around about 4 tomorrow, is that okay?" jinyoung asks, glad to receive a confirming nod.

when she leaves, jinyoung goes and sits next to jaebeom on the couch, laying his head on the elder's shoulder and pulling his legs up against his chest.

"i'm glad bambam is here," he tells his husband, "i really feel like this is how our family is meant to be."

jaebeom puts down his phone, opting to wrap his arm around the love of his life and lay his head against jinyoung's. he doesn't say anything but jinyoung knows he does all of that in agreement.

"you're so amazing with kids, i'm not even surprised you're so good with bambam. you're so patient with him, especially while he was learning korean."

"he's a great learner. i'm so. i don't even know how to say it. i just feel so happy when i think about the three of us as a unit. i can't even imagine life without bambam."

an hour later, bambam and yugyeom run into the living room. they're both excited as bambam has told yugyeom that sometimes they have movie nights where they all cuddle and watch movies together and eat snacks and yugyeom definitely wants to join.

jaebeom smiles at the two adorable boys and they start getting everything ready, telling them to sit on the couch while he grown ups get everything ready.

they sit on the couch; jaebeom, bambam, yugyeom, and jinyoung, all snuggled on the couch. the young boys cuddle up to each other in each other's arms.

bambam is pretty clingy and jinyoung is pretty sure because of all the change. the boy needs something stable, and he's getting that by clinging to everyone. jinyoung, jaebeom, mark, jackson, and yugyeom. but jinyoung hopes they will all always be there for him so it's good for him.

once they've watched two movies, it's dinner time and they just have some chicken nuggets because jaebeom doesn't want to risk feeding yugyeom something he can't or shouldn't have.

"we've turned into such parents," jaebeom jokes while they're watching the two kids munch away on their chicken. jinyoung nods fondly, smiling just from the sight of bambam's bright smile.

the boys aren't up for much longer, both being very ready for sleep no matter how much they try to pretend that they're fully awake.

jaebeom puts the two to bed, jinyoung making sure to come in and give bamba a. kiss on the forehead.

jaebeom and jinyoung take the opportunity to just cuddle in their own bed, just happy to be with each other.

"i love you, jinyoungie."

"i love you, beom."

//
updated for failureescape 😔