2

jaebeom is walking back from the kitchen when there's a knock on the door, so he tells jinyoung that he'll get it and he doesn't need to worry about it when he starts to get up from the couch.

there's a lady standing at the door, a small kid next to her side with big eyes that show as he looks up at jaebeom.

"hello, are you lim jaebeom?" the lady asks, receiving a hesitant nod from jaebeom.

"yes, why?"

"i think we should come in so we can talk."

~

"i don't have a kid," jaebeom argues, shaking his head. he looks at the boy on the couch, "he doesn't even look like me."

"your name is on his birth certificate, jaebeom. his mother has passed away and we were told to locate you."

"if you don't take custody of him, he'll go to an adoption agency and who knows when or if he'll be adopted."

jaebeom is about to have something but jinyoung interrupts him, "don't you even date say what you're about to say, jaebeom. let the boy live with us."

"we agreed that we don't want kids, jinyoung."

"well, it seems that you already have one and you have to take responsibility. look at him, jaebeom, he's a sweetheart."

they look at the boy, bambam, who is simply playing with a thomas the train figure and paying no mind to the firing adult talk going on around him, not that he can understand it anyway.

jaebeom curses jinyoung's love of kids in his head but he knows what he says is true. he was dumb enough to have sex with a girl and get her pregnant, without even knowing. and bambam does seem to be a well behaved kid.

"i just have one very important thing to tell you. bambam doesn't know much korean, only a few words. he's fluent in thai and good in english."

jaebeom just stares at jinyoung with a blank expression.

the lady leaves after they do paperwork and jaebeom and jinyoung suddenly have a kid. who doesn't speak korean.