7

it's the first day of school and the lim-park family is awake together in the morning. jaebeom and jinyoung wake bambam up and they get him ready while he is barley awake. he usually wakes up around 9, not 6, like he is now.

bambam really is doing amazing at korean and jinyoung doesn't doubt that bambam is ready for school.

"you're going to do so good, bambam, have a great day at school," jaebeom tells his son after they all eat breakfast together and his two favorite boys are about to go to school. jaebeom kisses bambam's forehead before standing so he can kiss jinyoung.

bambam hugs jaebeom's leg before him and jinyoung leave. jaebeom won't admit it but he cries when they leave because it's bambam's first day of school and he'll miss him a ton.

jinyoung has to be to school early as he's the teacher, so that means bambam is early too. he doesn't mind, he gets to play with the legos and baby dolls in the classroom.

"daddy, why here?"

"for school. we're going to learn," jinyoung tells him.

the first boy to walk in is kim yugyeom. jinyoung knows him because his older brother, choi youngjae, had been in his class two years ago.

bambam, despite being extremely shy, walks up to him and they immediately get along.

they start to play with the legos together while jinyoung talks to yugyeom's mom. the boys ignore everyone else who walks in, only talking to and playing with each other.

jinyoung makes the seating arrangement as the kids show up and he can see how they act and who they get along with. he puts bambam and yugyeom together, obviously. he wants the kids to be happy and be able to get along with who they sit with, and the boys don't seem to be talking to anyone else.

"daddy," bambam says when jinyoung walks past him to grab a marker from his desk, "where markie and jackson?"

"they are in different classes because they're older. jackson will come down later, okay? he'll go out to recess with us." the second graders always go out to recess with the younger kids and it works out that it will be jackson and his class with bambam.

at recess, bambam gives jackson a big hug and pulls yugyeom along with them. bambam hasn't been letting yugyeom leave his side all day but yugyeom doesn't have any problem with that as he doesn't know anyone else and it quite shy.

"teacher is my daddy," bambam tells yugyeom as the three boys sit in one of the tubes and look at where jinyoung is standing.

bambam climbs out of the tube and runs over to jinyoung, giving him a hug and telling him that he misses daddy jaebeom.

"we'll see him after school, baby, don't worry. i miss him, too."

and the second half of school flies by. but bambam doesn't get to go home after school, he has to go to english tutoring, but at least he gets to see mark and jackson.

"are you readying to see daddy?" jinyoung asks when bambam runs to him when he's done with his lesson for the day.

"daddy!" bambam shouts, grabbing jinyoung's finger with his tiny hand.

the drive home is short and jinyoung is relieved to see the other car in the driveway.

jinyoung carries bambam into the house and sets him down so he can run over to jaebeom who is sitting on the couch.

"daddy!" he climbs on the couch and gives jaebeom a huge hug.

"bambam made a new friend today. his name is yugyeom and they were connected at the hip all day," jinyoung says when the three of them are sitting on the couch, bambam on jaebeom's lap.

"bammie already making new friends?" jaebeom asks, "i'm glad you two had a good first day."