4

bambam just wants his mommy and he doesn't understand why he's with these two random guys who always just make weird sounds at each other by still knew what the other was saying.

he finally learns that they're speaking korean and that he has to learn it from a random lady who is really bad at thai, in bambam's opinion.

but it's not all bad, because bambam meets friends at the place where he learns korean.

they're both a bit older than him but are kind to him none the less. mark is there to help kids with english and they like him better because he's younger, unlike everyone else there. he's nine, a big kid. jackson is from china and has to learn korean before school starts. he's seven and a half, still a big kid compared to bambam.

bambam can talk to both of them as they both speak english, he just wishes he knew someone to speak in thai too.

so when bambam is picked up by jinyoung after school, he asks, "where my mommy?"

jinyoung doesn't know what to do. he can't tell a five year old boy who doesn't speak his language that his mother passed away. so he decided to leave that jaebeom.

the two, jaebeom and bambam, have been getting along recently. jaebeom often offers for bambam to sleep in their room incase he has nightmares but jinyoung thinks he just wants bambam to sleep between them.

luckily, bambam is picking up on korean fast and they hope that he'll be able to do korean schooling so that he's in jinyoung's kindergarten class.

when jinyoung gets home after avoiding bambam's question, he immediately tells jaebeom what bambam had asked him while bambam colors in his room.

"what do we tell him?" jaebeom asks, obviously panicking, just like anyone else would during this situation.

he walks into bambam's room and sits on the floor next to him. he watches bambam color for a little bit, stalling the conversation.

"you miss your mommy?" jaebeom asks, seeing that bambam just nods and keeps coloring. he hates that bambam doesn't know the severity of what he's about to say. "your mommy left. so you live with me and jinyoung. i'm your daddy and i love you, and jinyoung can be your daddy too."

"mommy," bambam says, his bottom lip starting to quiver, "want mommy!"

jaebeom picks bambam up and tries to comfort him. he rubs his back and bounces his up and down a bit. bambam is still yelling out for his mommy and crying but jaebeom can tell he's getting sleepy so he's slowing down.

jaebeom takes bambam to his and jinyoung's room. he lays bambam down and plops down next to him, offering that they go to sleep but bambam mumbles out, "daddy jinyoung" and jaebeom is quick to get his husband, telling him what bambam called him.

"we'll be good dads," jinyoung says before him and jaebeom lay down. they look over to bambam and see dried tear streaks going down his face which makes the sleeping boy such a sad sight to see.

jaebeom nods, giving jinyoung a quick kiss before he climbs onto the opposite side of bambam and lays down. he holds his hand out and grasps tightly when jinyoung slips his hand in.

"i love you."

"i love you, so much, jaebeom."