Forever December: Chapter 8: Pink

*Forever December*

*Chapter 8*

I grasped the sides of the toilet. I'd felt like shit lately. All week, I had been sick, so school

wasn't a question. Everytime I swallowed food, it seemed to travel right back the way it went down. I figured the flu had nipped me in the butt.

"December?" My mother called. She opened the door and walked to my side. Before I could say anything, I upchucked into the toilet once more. My mom's fingers ran through my hair slowly. I could feel her eyes on me the whole time.

"Yes?" I mumbled, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. I let my hand thrust over the handle, and the toilet flushed.

"Are...you and Parker sexually active?" I squealed loudly and glared at my mother.

"Mom!"

"Well! Are you?"

My cheeks heated as I stood up. How could she ask me that? And at this time, when I was sick as a dog? I took a deep breath and told the truth, "yes. Is that what you want me to say? Yes, I love him, and I show him that."

"Goddamn it, December!" You don't know what love is! You're 16, not 26. How do you know he's not using you, huh!?" I stood up and walked into my room.

"I know it's hard for you to hear, but Parker loves me!" I screamed, tears slipping onto my face.

"Dee, please tell me you two used protection..." My mother's eyes begged for me to say yes. The truth was, we hadn't the first time we'd made love.

"Most times...."

"Good, Lord, help me," her hands ran through her blonde hair. I could see the tears glistening in her green eyes. My heart sank into my chest. I didn't like hurting my mommy...My momma....

"Mommy I-"

"Take the test, December," she whispered.

"What test, momma?"

"My mother's hand extracted. In it, was a test. Not just any, though, a pregnancy test. I bit my lip, thinking for a moment. I had most of the symptoms, but the only time we hadn't used protection was our first time together. I let my eyes drop and took the test from her hand. Maybe she was right....

~Christine's P.O.V.~

My child...My baby girl. She couldn't be. She couldn't! She was my child. I'd raised her right, hadn't I? I'd given her the best place I could for a home, but she'd done as I, and had sex before marriage. Sometimes I wished that I could take back what I'd done.

"Momma!" I heard December scream. I'd never heard her screech so loud.

"Baby? Are you okay~?" I yelled, thrusting the door to the bathroom open. My daughter was on the floor, curled up. Her red hair was everywhere. Her green eyes were shut tightly, though tears were sprinkled over her cheeks.

I'd given her three tests to take and she'd taken them all at the same time. She'd wanted to be alone, so I waited outside of the door. I looked at the silver sink, pulling all tree of them into my view. One showed two blue lines, which made my butterflies disappear. When my eyes caught the other two, my heart sank. Pink.

~Roxin's P.O.V.~

"Oh, Roxin...." Columbia mumbled. We'd been dating for half a month.

My lips ran along her neck, our bodies pressed close together. I wanted her so bad. Her skin tasted like candy, and smelled of caramel. I shivered, nipping it gently.

"Do me," she whispered, letting her hands trail down to the front of my jeans.

I hesitated for a moment. When I looked into her eyes, all I could see was December. When I kissed her, all I could think about was December. "I can't do this, Columbia." I tugged her hand off of me and ran my fingertips over her cheek, "I have too much respect for you to do this with you."

Columbia's eyes caught the ground. I knew she was upset, but I couldn't bring myself to do anything with a girl I didn't love. I ran my fingers through my hair and looked towards my jacket. I could hear my phone buzzing loudly.

"Hello?" I mumbled, walking out of the house.

"Rox, come quick! Dee won't get up! We need you...."

That was all it took for me to run towards the house. When I got there, I didn't knock. My heart raced in my chest as I stumbled up the stairs, quickly. Commotion came from December's room. As I turned, her father came out of the room.

"Where is she? What happened!?" I didn't have time to just sit and listen. Where was my besty....

"She found out...something, and she won't get off of the floor for anything."

I sighed. I was sure that whatever it was couldn't have been that bad. "Dee?" I whispered, walking into the room. I could see what was wrong right away. Her eyes were closed so tight that her forehead creased.

"December, sweetie, tell me what's wrong," I pushed April and Chris out of the way, planting myself beside the girl. My fingers trailed through her hair. She was beautiful...Truly gorgeous.

 p

~December's P.O.V.~

I couldn't speak. The thought of being...It wasn't possible. Wouldn't I knew it before know if I were? I couldn't answer that question for myself.

I guessed I was being pretty dramatic,but how could I help it? I was in shock. "December, sweetie, tell me what's wrong," Roxin whispered. Roxin...he made me feel so safe when I was afraid. I wanted him to hold me, and tell me everything would be all right. And we'd get through this together, like we'd gotten through everything else together.

I let my eyes open as I heard footsteps. Roxin was strolling out of the room. No.... I couldn't lose him now. I needed him. I needed him now.

"Roxin! Please...come back," I whispered, letting my tears saddle down my pale face. He stopped for a moment before looking back. I watched his eyes glisten, and a small drop of water touch his cheek. Then, he turned and walked away from me. From my world.