Chapter 2: New's Year Eve Party

Reminiscing a few years back, some of the celebrities were invited to the party that K-East is currently hosting at the Plaza Hotel building. They had given the cards to the receptionist and what their reservation is. The lucky fans also got selected by the raffle tickets online to attend with them.

"Wow! I can't believe it? That's such exciting news! You're actually going to meet them. I mean, who would've thought?" Sally said gleefully and continued on to groan. "I want to be one of those people so bad, but ugh... I'm so jealous and I may not get the chance to see them and most of all, Min-Jun."

"Relax. I'll give him your number, so you two can have a nice chat. Though, I don't know if that's possible," the dark brunette girl thought weirdly.

"Really? Come on, it's time to break the impossible and turn it possible," Sally quoted.

"Alright. I'll see what I can do, but remember K-East has very tight security and I have to ask for one of the staff members' permission to speak to Min-Jun," she chuckled slightly.

"Ahh! Yay! You're the best. Hey, what about you?" Sally asked curiously.

"Me?" The dark brunette repeated in puzzlement.

"Yeah. Don't you want to meet up with Dooly? Wait. Doesn't he remember you from our high school? He's changed a lot," Sally pointed out.

"I'm not sure if I do... I agree. He did change in a good way and very, very subtle..." the dark brunette trailed off of her words as she bit down on her lip nervously.

"What's wrong? You seem to go quiet all of a sudden," Sally asked worriedly.

"I'm fine. I just remembered something, you know," she said reassuringly. She was staring at the necklace she was holding, which was a silver butterfly necklace. Then, she carefully placed it down on top of the drawer.

"You know, you can tell me anything, so please allow me to ask you this... Weren't you guys friends before? I mean, I wasn't there in our whole senior year because my parents and I had to move out since they got new jobs at Massachusetts. I had to study there," Sally explained gently.

"Don't worry about it. You didn't have a choice, so it's understandable," she noted.

"Okay. So tell me... Weren't you two friends?" Sally asked again.

The dark brunette, on the other hand, paused for a moment and answered. "Yes... We were. It's such a long time and we are not in close contact anymore. I'm going to be late. I got to go now, bye!"

"Wait! How is that-" Her question got cut off when the phone ended the dial, which the girl sighed out in relief.

She closed her eyes and tilted her head down. Staring at her reflection in the mirror, she was contemplating in mind whether she should back out and give her ticket to someone else.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to see him again. I got to get over myself. What's important is that I'm there for the rest of the group," she thought boldly in her mind. Pursing her lips and sighing tiredly, she stood near the door glass window to watch the cars pass by.

She nodded and slid the curtain closed, then walked over to her closet. From there, she gazed at her red satin off-shoulder, knee-length dress, along with the black strap high heels that she bought four days ago. She touched it gently with her fingertips, tracing further down to the bottom, and couldn't be more thrilled.

Later on at 10:00 pm, all the guests were settled down on their tables while they were having different conversations about their business meetings and upcoming projects. On the contrary, the dark brunette almost came in late and found her seat at the right corner of the room, which is near to the stage. She glanced around hurriedly and lowered her head down in shyness where the two random guys in black suits were staring across from her in awe.