5| There's Something Magical About Pink 14

5| There's Something Magic About Pink 14

HANDING out more Lambda Xi pamphlets as dudes walked through the doors of the house was excruciatingly boring compared to last night's party

I wasn't hungover at least. Thank fucking God.

Matteo had woken me up at 9, just an hour before guys starting showing up to the house. I, as per usual, had been severely unwilling to get out of bed, which prompted Matteo to strip all of the sheets off of me and jump on my bed singing the Spongebob theme song until I gave in.

And now: Pamphlets.

A fucking great time to be alive.

On top of the boredom, I couldn't get my mind off of the random roof girl from last night, Ava.

Ava.

The pretty girl I had seen across the quad that I assumed I would never see again had magically appeared on my roof last night conveniently when I was there, too. And boy, if I ever believed in fate.

Except for the fact that she insisted she did not by any means want to know me.

"She didn't even ask for my name," I told Matteo as I smiled and handed out pamphlets fucking galore.

"She didn't even ask for your name?" he mocked, gasping. "Can you believe this shit, Mav?"

I flipped Matteo off while he and Maverick laughed. The 3 of us were standing at the entrance of the Lambda Xi house handing out the pamphlets in preparation for the meeting in less than an hour. Guys showed up. We spoke about the frat; the rules of the frat, the things we do, house shit, etcetera. We ate breakfast catered by iHop. Bam. Super fun.

"How dare she not ask for your name," Maverick joked. "Did you get hers?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Ava."

Maverick's eyebrows shot up. That was all I needed to know that he knew who I was talking about. But he tried to hide it by pulling his eyebrows back down and continuing to hand out pamphlets.

However, Theodore Montgomery III was no fool.

"You know her," I said it rather than asked.

Maverick sighed. "Theodore is being nosy."

"Theo is always nosy," Matteo said, grinning at Maverick. They shared a moment of eye contact; a moment that signaled they were having their own unspoken conversation. Probably making fun of me.