4| Random Roof Girl

4| Random Roof Girl

IT wasn't like I was being forced to go to the party because no one could really force me to do anything (besides mother making my join the sorority, but that's a different story)

IT wasn't like I was being forced to go to the party because no one could really force me to do anything (besides mother making my join the sorority, but that's a different story). However, like I said, I didn't really want to go to the party.

But the girl I had met, Skylar, as well as my weeklong roommate Hannah had persuaded me, so to speak. Even my brother had something to say to persuade me when I texted him about it.

WILL: so u don't want to go bc u want to read a memoir?

ME: i didn't say that dumbass

ME: i don't want to go bc i don't want to drink and party

WILL: u don't have to drink, but u should go. hannah seems nice like u said and skylar seems cool. pink hair you say? that's goals

ME: shut up

WILL: GO TO THE DAMN PARTY DUMBASS

Maybe it wasn't exactly persuasion on his part, but he still managed to make me feel like I should go.

Which is how I ended up where I am now: Walking down the main stretch of a set of frat houses alongside Hannah and Skylar on our way to a party thrown by the biggest fraternity at the school, Lambda Xi. I was wearing a basic cropped white tee and tan pants with a black belt to keep things simple enough, and my hair was left natural.

When I had left the dorm with Hannah to meet up with Skylar, Hannah said, "I wish I could pull that style off," which made me feel better about myself compared to her. And Skylar said, "Hell yes bitch, I'm gonna like you!"

So I guess it wasn't going to be a terrible night, or at least I really hoped not.

Except the closer we got to the Lambda Xi house, the more nervous I got. It was just a party, I kept telling myself. But even so, I had never been to a party like this before. No drinking, no drugs, no making out couples and non-couples all around the room, etcetera. I guess I was just anxious because I knew that this was going to be a part of the sorority lifestyle.

Thank you, mother!

As we walked up the stairs of the house, a guy grinned and ran over to the 3 of us, hugging Skylar and quickly pulling away. He was skinny and adorable with the same Skylar-pink hair.

"Ladies," Skylar said, turning towards us with her arm looped in the guy's, "this is my brother, Maverick!"

Ah, that made sense.

Though, I'm pretty sure pink hair isn't a genetic thing, they both had the same color and were equally as cool looking. Their styles were nothing like anyone else's standing outside of the Lambda Xi house, especially nothing like whoever was holding the door open for people as they came inside.