FLIGHT

RACHEL

" This is your captain speaking and you are onboard The Firebird, " a friendly masculine voice suddenly filled the aircraft ten minutes after everyone has boarded.

I've never ridden The Firebird before and it was so much different from my parent's corporately designed Embraer Lineage 1000E.

Anne told me that Jake spent a lot of money remodeling his private aircraft. But I never thought it was this big and luxurious.

Jake's Boeing 747-8 VIP was custom made for business and leisure travel. It has eight modified cabins all equipped with overhead cabinets and queen sized beds. It houses a conference room which can seat up to twelve people. It has a lounge and bar area that can comfortably seat ten people or maybe more. It even has a mini cinema that was connected to the on-air wifi. And the bathrooms! It has three spacious bathrooms that have the option to see through the skyline while you do your stuff.

" Our flight time today is 1 hour and 14 minutes, and we will be flying at an average altitude of 29,000 feet. The local time in Seoul is a quarter to twelve (11:45), and the current weather is cloudy, and a chance of rain later in the day. " the captain continued his announcement.

I pushed my cabin door open and stood by the doorway. I saw Anne in her room from across mine, closing her cabin's overhead compartment. She paused and for a minute or two, she didn't move. Her head was bent, both hands hanging from the cabinet.

" Something wrong? " I called out.

Her arms quickly dropped to her sides and she spun around to face me.

" No, " she forced a smile. " I think I'm just coming down with something."

Alarm clocks went off my head. Coming down with something after recovering from hypothermia didn't sound good.

I quickly stepped out of my room and entered her cabin. When I neared her, I reached out and placed a hand on her forehead.

" You do feel a little warm, " I observed and peered at her closer. " And you kind of look pale."

She patted my hand away from her head and gave me a dismissive wave. " I'm fine. Nothing that a good rest can't fix. "

I frowned at her.

It's been three days since she woke up in the hospital. The doctors have consented her release on the condition that she takes a full week's rest before engaging back to work.

" All good here? " Ji Chang Wook popped his head in Anne's cabin doorway flashing his megawatt smile.

" Yes, "

" No, "

Anne and I said at the same time.

The actor raised his eyebrow questioningly.

" Anne has a slight fever, " I told him despite Anne's protest.

" I'm fine, " Anne argued. " There's no need to-"

She stopped talking when Chang suddenly moved closer and placed his hand on her forehead.

" You're warm, " he repeated my observation.