Epilog

This afternoon you were forced to return riding the bus again to go to practice to the Queensland Orchestra. Your body was not feeling well, but you did not want to reason to skip practice.

Maybe it has been almost half a year that you didn't boarded this bus. Since the concert, you prefer to walk and order a car in the middle of the road to the hall. There is no specific reason. It's just that you want to be alone first in some time.

You wonder, does Eddy look for you every time he rides this bus? Did he miss your presence in this chair while you disappeared?

"Hey, is it empty here?"

You turned her head. You paused to see the figure of Eddy appear before you. Ah, you didn't realize you had passed the closest bus stop from his house. You felt happy for an instant, He probably didn't know how much you felt missing him that you hold all this time.

You nodded slowly, then let Eddy sit beside you. However, you looked back out the window. Today you're wearing a quite thick jacket and you're not able to talk much.

Eddy, who realized you were silent, tried to speak up. "Are you okay?"

You nodded, but was followed by a mild sneeze. "I'm okay."

"You look sick," he said worriedly. He immediately picked up some emergency medicine which he always carried everywhere, just in case he had the flu. "Here, eat this."

You turned to Eddy, then shook your head. You smiled. "I'm fine, Eddy."

Eddy frowned, then sat down straight in his chair sadly. "Are you mad at me?"

You paused for a moment. Then answered him weakly. "No."

"Why didn't you ever come to this bus again?" asked Eddy. "I'm missing you everytime I'm here."

You paused hearing that. Your little heart answered that you were the same. Deep deep down you also missed going together when the practice day arrived. But, you felt you couldn't.

Realizing there was no answer, Eddy asked again. "May I walk you home today?"

Ah yes. I really want to, Eddy. But...

"You don't have to drive me, Eddy. I can go by myself."

"But, I want to!" said Eddy involuntarily, speaking louder towards you. There was an extraordinary tone of anxiety in his voice. However, after that, he look away, realizing that he almost screamed. "Sorry."

You clearly shocked immediately, fell silent for a moment, but smiled faintly.

Maybe he still cared about me.

"Okay then, you may."

There was no sound after that, what you didn't realize was that Eddy immediately smiled a little at your answer.

Shortly after, they arrived at their destination. You immediately went out and got ready to practice. You did not talk to Eddy at all during the practice and focused until the afternoon.

After the practice was over, You, as usual, immediately said goodbye early. However, who knows what Eddy was thinking, specifically today he helped you bring your violin to the bus. You could not refuse. Eddy's face since this morning looked sad.

I wonder what happened to him, you thought.

You both sat in the same place when they first met. Eddy helped you put your belongings in the legs, then you immediately walked home.

"Thank you, Eddy, for your help." You couldn't say anything but thank you.

Eddy nodded with a smile. He has no voice at all.

Silence covered them several meters ahead, then you took the initiative to speak.

"How are you doing?" You asked. "Have you succeeded with your love life?"

Actually you're not ready with the answer. You will never be ready. But you thought, you might not be able to hold back all of your feelings longer.

Eddy shook his head. "Not yet. What about you? Have you reached that person?"

"Never mind me. Let's talk about yours," you said, smiling. "Can I help you again?"

Eddy paused for a moment, then slowly turned his head and said, "Just... stay with me."

You looked at him confused. "Why?"

Eddy bowed his head. He sighed and decided to be honest. "I don't know much about your guy but... when I say, I'm in love, I meant to say I love you."

You raised your eyes, startled. What? You? Didn't he say that he loved Janine last time? In fact, after the concert, they were getting closer.

You stared straight ahead, avoiding eye contact with Eddy. Your cheeks began to blush hearing his words.

"(y/n)..." Eddy said again. "I'm sorry, I belatedly realized that you misunderstood all this time. I always have you in my mind. Not Janine..."

"But you love her..." You said quietly.

Eddy nodded. Then, gripping your shoulder slowly to stare at you. "Yes, but at that time I meant that I love her as a fellow violin friend. You're my special someone, (Y/n). Besides, Janine likes Brett. So as him."

You remained silent staring at Eddy. You seemed still shocked and did not believe that Eddy had always loved you. Then, Janine and Brett? You never knew about that.

Their gaze lasted quite a long time, as if they didn't want to get away from each other. Regret radiated from their faces.

"Sorry I always misunderstood you. I think I've lost you for good. I... I always think of you all this time." Your voice began to tremble.

Eddy smiled. That sentence has answered all his worries. He doesn't need anything else besides his (Y/n).

The time on the bus seemed to go a long time this time, as if siding with you and Eddy who had not been together on the bus for a long time. It went even longer when Eddy decided to come closer and put his lips against yours. His hands turned to hold your waist possessively, signaling that you also should held Eddy's shoulders. You both enjoy this magical time slowly.

You both felt very happy now. Eddy could even say that he was the happiest man in the world, because from now on, he would not lost his girl. And never will again.

-

THE END :))

Thank you for reading the entire story! I hope you guys like the ending.

Tell me in the comments what should I write next?