Lost On You; Rogers!Reader x Peter Parker

ابدأ من البداية

"I know you loved him, Y/N, believe me, I do, but maybe he wasn't the one," Steve said. You winced.

"But I-I loved him," You squeaked out. "I loved him so much, and it was all bullshit, he lied for six months," You ranted.

"I know, I'll talk to him, we hope and pray that Bucky's gonna be there, then he'll get the message," He said. You looked up at him and gave him the look. 

"Please don't hurt him, maybe-maybe it's-" Steve gave you his signature Shut up look, "Yeah I got nothing, do as you please," You sighed in defeat and leaned further into your dad. "He's seeing Tony on Friday," 

"Good, I'll see him then,"

--

The worst part of a break-up was always seeing the person again, and if it was a high school break up, you could say goodbye to any form of privacy you owned in the first place. The whole reason you went to mid-town in the first place was so you could be closer to Peter, now that was screwed. At lunch, Peter frowned as he saw that you were sitting alone. He and Ned had been your only friends, and you had lost them. You looked awful if Peter were, to be honest about it. You looked like you were carrying the weight of worlds on your shoulders and you just couldn't shake them off, and it hurt him to know that he caused you that. You looked up and saw him looking at you, common decency made you shoot a small smile at the curly-haired boy. He returned the gesture and went to wave, but MJ caught sight of the interaction and clearly wasn't happy about it. She took Peter's face in her hands and crashed her lips onto his, you frowned and looked back down at your textbook. It hurt to see him happy, it hurt to see him move on so quickly. You stood up abruptly and left the cafeteria, MJ smirked and followed you into the bathroom.

"Hey, Y/N," She greeted you. You sighed and turned around to face her.

"If you've come to rub it in my face go ahead, I don't care anymore," You told her. She smirked and laughed.

"Well, what happened in the cafeteria said otherwise," She said. You scoffed and shook your head at her.

"I smiled at him, it's called being nice! I mean, not that you would know what that means. Get the fuck over yourself, MJ," You remarked. 

"Only when you get over my boyfriend," You froze. "I mean, you never thought he could actually love you, did you? Come on, look at you, you're a walking disaster, Rogers. No one could ever love you," She spat. You kept calm.

"Wow, you're an even bigger bitch than people make you out to be, aren't you? Now, you can say whatever you want to me, but I will never listen to you because you're just an insecure little bitch who drags herself down, and thinks because she's at the bottom, everyone else has to be too. So fuck you, MJ," You stormed past MJ and left the bathroom, then the school.

--

Your legs sat on Bucky's lap as you were both focusing extremely hard on the round of Mario Kart you were playing. It was Rainbow Road, there was no messing around this time. Swerving around the corner, you were shot into the star shooter, you flipped and left bananas and sent back shells to your metal armed opponent, You were in 1st place, about to cross the finish line-

"Y/N!" You crashed your car.

"Fucks sake!" You groaned when you heard Bucky cheer. Digging into your pocket, you handed him ten dollars. You turned around from your position on the couch and rolled your eyes upon seeing Peter standing at the doorway. You had passed the sadness stage of your break-up with the friendly neighbourhood spiderman, you were just coasting right now, seeing where you ended up. "Hey, Peter," Bucky's head turned and you moved your legs as he stood up. "James Buchanan Barnes I swear-"

"You wanna tell me what the hell you were thinking, Spider-Child-"

"Spider-Man-" Bucky growled "Okay, that-that's clearly not what the point of your aggression, but I need to talk to Y/N," Your dad come up behind you and put his hand on your shoulder.

"I don't want to talk to you, the last time we spoke it didn't end well," You told him. Peter quickly moved towards you. "What is it?" Peter stuttered for his words.

"I think I'm gonna talk to him, Parker, come with me, Y/N, stay with Bucky," Steve told you. You nodded and pushed Bucky onto the couch.

"Another round for 20 dollars?"

--

"Sit," Steve pointed to the couch in the meeting area of the compound that was currently only occupied by the two. 

"Mr. Rogers I-"

"Uh uh kid, hush," Steve said. Peter sighed. "So, how long have you been with this other girl for?" Steve asked Peter.

"A-about six months," 

"So, just after you met Y/N?" Peter nodded. "So why ask her out if you were already with this other girl?" 

"It-It was a dare," Steve shook his head. "But I loved her! It wasn't meant to get this far, I had to end it before-"

"Before what? Before she found out and told everyone? And you have the audacity to say that you loved her? You don't make the people that you love cry like that, you made her cry, Peter. You were the first person to break her heart and the worst part is that she'll forgive you if you went and said sorry to her," Steve sighed.

"I didn't mean to hurt her, Mr. Rogers, I promise, I didn't," Peter was begging to be believed.

"Well, you hurt her, and you hurt her bad." Steve told him, making Peter wince. "She trusted you, Peter, do you know how hard that is for her? People that she trusts always end up hurting her, and she believed that you wouldn't do that, but here we are. I don't want to see her again, am I understood?" 

"Yes-Yes Sir,"

--

The nights were the hardest, the nights were the times where you would stay up way past when you were meant to be sleeping on the phone to Peter, talking about nothing, but everything. It was the times you realized just how much you missed him. You found it hard to sleep, after all that you had gone through over the years, who wouldn't have nightmares? You laid in bed, staring up at your ceiling. You sighed as you kicked your duvet off of your legs and stood up from your bed. You left your room and shuffled to your dad's, opening the door quietly just in case he was asleep. 

"Hey sweetheart," He was thankfully awake, "You okay?" You sighed.

"Can I sleep in here?" You asked him quietly. "I can't sleep again," You murmured. Steve stood up and pushed you forward by your shoulders. You lay on his bed and closed your eyes.

"You miss him, don't you?" He asked. You nodded.

"More than anything," You confirmed. "But, in the words of Lizzo-" Steve cut you off and continued the sentence.

"You could have had a bad bitch"