Chapter 8: Summer Memories And A Date?

Comenzar desde el principio

"Dude, I can tell just by looking at her how obsessed she's with you."

"Well she's got a point buddy," Jack agreed with me.

Tyler shook his head. "No she's just... jealous that's all."

"More like possessive. Did you saw the look on her face as you hugged me? She looked like she wanted to rip my eyes out and feed them to her dog," I said, which made Jack laugh beside me.

"Come on. You're clearly exaggerating Liz." I shrugged.

"I'm just saying be careful. Don't let her kill other girls or rather other people in general-" I was cut off by Jeremy.

"Graham! Thank God you're still here." I turned around to find him speed-walking towards us.

"Hey Jere, what is it?" I asked with concern as I saw the worried expression on his face.

"I need your help. Could you do me a favor?" he asked, hope clear in his voice. I smiled at him.

"Of course. What do you need?" his features relaxed and just then I saw the phone in his hand.

"Could you babysit Hayley for a while? There's an emergency at the hospital and mom can't find another babysitter on short call," he rushed out.

I wrapped my hands around his shoulders. "Jere, breathe. Everything will be fine okay? I'll drive to your house and watch your little sister as long as needed okay?"

A smile broke out on his face and he quickly wrapped his arms around my waist. I gasped and instinctively wrapped my arms around his neck as he lifted me up in the air and twirled me around. I giggled. "Thank you, thank you, thank you. You're the best. What would I do without you?" he said happily and relieved. I still laughed lightly as he put me down again and kissed my cheek.

"Well you'd probably get kicked out of the team for skipping practice," I smiled at him.

He ignored my comment and worry took over his features. "But wait, how do you get there? We can't drive you" I smirked.

"That's why I've always a plan B," I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and dialed her number.

"Hey Court, still wanna give me a lift?"

\\\\\\\\\

"You know where everything else is right?" I nodded at Jeremy's mother as she grabbed her purse from the desk in the living room.

"Yes, Mrs. Evans don't worry. I'll take care of everything," I reassured her as she basically ran to little Hayley sitting on the living room carpeted floor playing with her toys, bend down and kissed her head.

"Okay Hayley I want you to be nice to Elizabeth over there. You know her already. She's a really sweet girl, so take care of her." The little girl nodded as she turned her attention to her dolls again.

"Thanks again Elizabeth. We owe you," she said as we walked to the front door. I waved her away. "Nah, I do it with pleasure. You don't owe me anything."

"However I should get going. Bye you two. Take care." she said as she exited the front door. I went to the living room again.

"Hey Hayles. You remember me right?" I said as I sat down in front of her. She stayed silent. "I'm a friend of your brother," I smiled at her as she looked up at me.

"You know Jerry Berry?" she asked in that sweet tone that melted my heart in a blink of an eye. My smile widened.

"Yeah. Don't you remember me? I was here with some football friends of your brother."